Whole Leaf Tobacco

Colin's 2015 Grow Log

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I was just on the other thread about shipping to nz wondering if you could grow there. Wow can you ever grow there. That's an enviable field by any standard, well done.

COLIN

This is the leaf once it comes out of the chamber. It will stay there untill it comes back into case.

Attachments

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I assume that the "chamber" is a flue-cure chamber (wet-bulb/dry-bulb setup, and bright yellow end product). Very nice result, and a generous capacity.

Bob

COLIN

Yes Bob it is a Flue curing chamber. This was the first run for this season you may see that ther is still a bit of green in some off the leaf.I may of moved to the leaf wilt and colour set abit to early.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That little bit of green may vanish spontaneously. If you prolong the coloring time, you may end up with darker leaf overall. My preference is for a bright lemon.

Bob

rainmax

Founding Member
Beautiful and well done Colin. That is for sure 5 years supply.
How do you store your leaves? Cardboard boxes?

COLIN

This is the last lot of leaf to come out of my chamber for the season. I still have to finish some of my air dried leaf which i will complect next week.Also i have dug out all of my plant's put 1400 kg of lime on and tilled it in and i have planted it in millson oat's which will be grown as a cover crop and plough in at the end of August.

Attachments