Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

CV Corojo vs. Corojo 99

Mathaious12

I couldn't find anything on this topic in the old threads beyond that they are infact not the same leaf

So, of the people who have tried both, which did you like better? Also have anyone mixed between the two types for any of their all Corojo blends?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I've grown several Corojo varieties, from Cuba and from Honduras. They don't compare favorably to Corojo 99 (Robaina, Cuba). "Corojo" finished leaf sold in the commercial supply chain is not identified as to which exact variety they were grown from.

Bob

EDIT: The various "Corojo" sold by WLT has all been excellent.

Mathaious12

I've grown several Corojo varieties, from Cuba and from Honduras. They don't compare favorably to Corojo 99 (Robaina, Cuba). "Corojo" finished leaf sold in the commercial supply chain is not identified as to which exact variety they were grown from.

Bob

EDIT: The various "Corojo" sold by WLT has all been excellent.

Thanks Bob.

Mathaious12

Have to add that Corojo 99 currently grown in Ecuador is also very nice. Not too pronounced in tasted but has a very nice texture to roll with.

Thanks, I picked up some of the corojo 99 viso about two weeks ago was considering going with the CV corojo in the other two stock positions just to see what that was like. But maybe I'll just stick with the 99 for a puro of sorts.

AromatiX

I am running low on Corojo 99 viso from the Terroso Profundo kit and really enjoy the flavor and punch it gives to my blend. I was wondering if it is different from the CV Corojo 99 viso and if so how do they compare? The ones that are sold at WLT of course.