Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

damn thats expensive to killl some aphids, the way the pros kill them/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I found Admire at my local Co-Op by reading labels. Expensive, but should last a long time and worth every penny to not deal with aphids. It is labeled Merit 2F, from Bayer Chemical, just like Admire, %of active ingredient is less than Admire, so should make mixing easier. Here's the label, hope it helps someone
View attachment 15311

Is it two part or is that a separate measuring chamber?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
G-finnery. Came thru Florida this weekend I met him..had him park the semi

And took him to the house for a hour....I think he was jealous of my fantastic garden..its still frozen where he lives...

But I sent him home with a big bag of bacca fertilizer..and 2 seasons worth of admire...

LIBERTYCHICKEN

How does Macho / Admire, smell ? ?

Im looking for something to use on indoor plants over the winter, that does not smell bad

I picked up another systemitic at the local mart and it works great but Stinks to much to use indoors

Gmac

Im looking for something to use on indoor plants over the winter, that does not smell bad

I picked up another systemitic at the local mart and it works great but Stinks to much to use indoors
You shouldn't have aphids indoors, Right.

Knucklehead

Founding Member

If they are indoor ornamental plants try some Savin spray. Take them outside for spraying and let the foliage dry before bringing them back inside.

Gavroche

It is not against the spirit of the forum to use the products of the big companies(societies) pharmaceutical as to Bayer, 3M or monsanto and other

cigarchris

I just got a gallon of Imidacloprid 1.47% solution from Amazon for $28 to use for this year. Can anyone help me determine the correct ratio to dilute? From what I could put together from other posts, at 1.47%, I should be using about a tablespoon per gallon of water, and then pouring about a cup of that at the base of each plant when I transplant them to the beds. Also, should I be using it more than once in the season?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I don't know...this year I got a different type of aphid killer from my jobs chemical warehouse..and that's what they told me..about a teaspoon per gallon.

And to answer your question... Doing it once at transplanting time should be enough...you shouldn't have to reapply.

cigarchris

Thanks Chicken, do you know if the stuff you got this year is comparable at 1.47% Imidacloprid?

Bama- it is much lower than Merit or Macho or Admire. I believe those are 25%. Here is the label pic.
WP_20160413_11_00_26_Pro (2).jpg

DGBAMA

The one I got, 21%. I mixed 1/4 oz per 4 gallons water, to water my seedling Trays the last couple weeks before transplant. I did not add any additional when planet ng, just what the plants took up while in the Trays. No aphids and nearly no worm problems until near first frost, when harvest was finished.

By quick estimate, this would be about 1oz per gallon, of your product, using the same application method.

cigarchris

Thanks Bama. One ounce is 2 tbsp., so roughly double what I had figured, but that sounds good to me since it'll be settling into several cubic feet of soil. Anyone had any plant problems with too much Imidacloprid?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I. Use mine at the time of transplanting.. It's good to drown the hole with water when planting..if you look at a old fashioned tobacco planter..the hand held type..it put a lot of water in the hole along with the plant.
I will try and get a picture and some info. On what in using this year.

I was told by our chemical salesman that it's a generic version of admire.which I used last year.and it worked perfect..but it's $100 a gallon.
A farmer gave me a Gatorade bottle of it..he was using it for watermelons.

Ben Brand

I just got a gallon of Imidacloprid 1.47% solution from Amazon for $28 to use for this year. Can anyone help me determine the correct ratio to dilute? From what I could put together from other posts, at 1.47%, I should be using about a tablespoon per gallon of water, and then pouring about a cup of that at the base of each plant when I transplant them to the beds. Also, should I be using it more than once in the season?

I was told to never go higher than a 2% concentration, with fertilizers and pesticides.

DGBAMA

Thanks Bama. One ounce is 2 tbsp., so roughly double what I had figured, but that sounds good to me since it'll be settling into several cubic feet of soil. Anyone had any plant problems with too much Imidacloprid?

If you use it at time of planting, I would say stay with your original measurement. The volume of water per plant will be more than enough. I treated mine in the seedling Trays, 2 waterings, about 1/2 gallon each time per tray of 72 plants. So 16 cups of treated water for 72 plants.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Bigbonner, our commercial tobacco farmer, uses Admire at half the recommended strength with no problems. His tobacco planter uses one cup of water per hole.

cigarchris

Thanks Knucks, that was where I had come up with the measurement. I don't use float trays, and this is the first year I'm switching to the 3" cells (18 per tray) instead of the 72 ct. I got a new grow light that has eight 4' T5 bulbs which does four trays perfectly. So maybe I'll water at ~6 weeks when they're still in the 3" cells, and then again when they go in the ground at ~8 weeks?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Some may apply the systemic Pokemon in their start trays,..which I guess will work..but I prefer to apply it at planting time.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
sorry it took me so long to post some pic's but im a very busy guy,

this is what i will be using this year.. it's a generic version od '' ADMIRE''

..IMG_20160416_110933855.jpgIMG_20160416_111012700.jpg

and mt other poisions.. i have a good supply of poision.. i can kill anything. be it a pest or a disease.

..IMG_20160416_110912374.jpgIMG_20160416_110920203.jpgIMG_20160416_111006718.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.