Finally underway! :)

This year's selection:
Havana 142
Little Dutch
Corojo 99
Semois, J. Martin var.

rJP3c2H.jpg

CobGuy

I'm doing 20 plants ... 5 of each variety.
This year, rather than trying to amend a whole new patch, I'm going to do 5 gallon buckets.
Garden space was limited after adding new veggies this year so I'm moving to the courtyard next to it.
Next year, I'm hoping to "rent" some space from a local farmer so I can expand even further. :)

~Darin

GreenDragon

Good luck with this year's grow! I'm very jealous. I've only started a few seeds this year as there is the possibility that we will have to move, so I don't want to invest too much in a crop I might not be able to reap.

CobGuy

Haha, what do you mean by "rent"?

There are several larger farms in the valley below where I live and, if the farmer smokes, it could be more "barter" than "rent". :)

Darin, Do you like those little peat pots? I found that after 8 weeks they were really flimsy so I went to plastic.

They do get pretty flimsy but I keep them inside a plastic tray to help retain some shape.
When it's time to transplant, I just tear open the bottoms and put the whole thing in a large red plastic cup.

Good luck with this year's grow! I'm very jealous. I've only started a few seeds this year as there is the possibility that we will have to move, so I don't want to invest too much in a crop I might not be able to reap.

Where might you move too? Job changes?

Moth

I'm going to do 5 gallon buckets.
Garden space was limited after adding new veggies this year so I'm moving to the courtyard next to it.
Snap! Although I've been relegated to a concrete patch, I'm also growing in containers.

I'm curious to see how our grows turn out. You have the hotter climate (scorching by my standards) - Arizona beats England's weather.

Good luck

CobGuy

Snap! Although I've been relegated to a concrete patch, I'm also growing in containers.

I'm curious to see how our grows turn out. You have the hotter climate (scorching by my standards) - Arizona beats England's weather.

Good luck
It's very difficult to grow here and requires special provisions for soil, water, shade, humidity while drying, etc. 95% of my cigar needs will still be coming from WLT. I just enjoy growing things and, to some extent, frustrating challenges. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.