Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Deluxestogie Grow Log 2022

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
JetStream20221105_600.jpg

Redleaf

We are inside the circle I drew. Not terrible cold, about -4 C. Or just below freezing at 27 or 28 F. Lots of snow though, and very windy. Haven’t left the yard yet but expecting roads to be heavy in places. This storm is what they call an Alberta clipper. Supposed to continue all day tomorrow as well. I think I will fire up a snowmobile tomorrow.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20221110_6743_Prilep66_9_7_earlyCrop_400.jpg

Above is a photo of a bushel-basketful of Prilep 66-9/7 that I bagged this afternoon. It represents the initial portion of my 2022 crop. All of the Prilep (16 plants) was planted into 30 square feet of garden space, in a bed 2½' x 12', alongside the house. But my summer consisted of drought for the first half, followed by plentiful rain the second half. So the Prilep sucker stalks grew taller than the primary stalks, and the sucker leaves grew larger.

Although I have little concern about allowing stalk-curing plants to remain hanging in the shed all through the winter, I do worry more about leaf spending the winter there within a basket. Once I had bagged the leaf in the bushel basket, I proceeded to strip the remainder of the Prilep crop—still hanging on their stalks within the shed, and toss it into the now empty basket. So my total Prilep 66-9/7 crop for 2022 is the bag above, plus the basket shown below.

Garden20221110_6744_Prilep66_9_7_lateCrop_600.jpg

I'll bag that second basketful soon. I will eventually kiln all the Prilep prior to use in pipe blending.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
[Birds chirping. Soft rumble of an occasional car on the road in the distance.] It is 8:20 am in the morning. I am sitting on my front porch in soft, toasty sunlight. The temp is 62°F. The sky is blue and mostly clear, with scarcely a breeze. I'm enjoying my breakfast of black coffee and a cigar.

[Birds go suddenly silent. Cue ominous music. Stripes of high cirrus clouds slowly enter stage right.] Starting tonight, I will be experiencing December/January weather through the end of November. I cannot complain. The hurricane that caused so much damage to my south, passed by yesterday as a rainy remnant, failing to leave even a puddle in my driveway, or a fallen twig in my yard.

Bob

MadFarmer

[Birds chirping. Soft rumble of an occasional car on the road in the distance.] It is 8:20 am in the morning. I am sitting on my front porch in soft, toasty sunlight. The temp is 62°F. The sky is blue and mostly clear, with scarcely a breeze. I'm enjoying my breakfast of black coffee and a cigar.

[Birds go suddenly silent. Cue ominous music. Stripes of high cirrus clouds slowly enter stage right.] Starting tonight, I will be experiencing December/January weather through the end of November. I cannot complain. The hurricane that caused so much damage to my south, passed by yesterday as a rainy remnant, failing to leave even a puddle in my driveway, or a fallen twig in my yard.

Bob
The air behind the coming front is COLD.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
ArtemisLaunch20221116_700.jpg

That's it. That's what I stayed up until 3 am to see. A giant flame in the darkness. No camera looking back at Earth. No camera inside the spacecraft. No landing of a reusable first stage. Just a giant flame, rapidly receding from view in the darkness.

The biggest delay in the launch was caused by a bum ethernet switch on a ground radar. Swapping in a new ethernet switch (should take under 1 minute) required 70 minutes. [Hey! Bob has an extra ethernet switch in his computer satchel. He'll be right over!]

The new NASA TV coverage insists on bubbly hosts inundating the viewer with "absolutely", "incredibly", "unbelievably", "amazingly", "mind-blowing" tripe, instead of the technical information of the broadcasts of an earlier generation. I guess these broadcasts are aimed at middle-school kids who happen to be up at 3 am.

I look forward to, hopefully, new photos from lunar orbit.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20221129_6769_HarrowVelvet_hands2014_600v.jpg

Selecting some tobacco for pipe blending today. This burley has been stored within a poly-nylon bag, inside a huge box in my study.

Garden20221129_6767_HarrowVelvet_hands2014_tags_600.jpg

I've removed two of the hands, misted them, and sealed them inside a separate bag. By this afternoon, I should be able to work with it. I think I will be blending it with some of my 2017 lemon Virginia.

Bob