Whole Leaf Tobacco

Drought farming ?

Tobaccomy

Hey Guys, so ive Been getting ready to plant more tobacco recently and have started seeds and all that and now suddenly its stopped raining, water source is about 300m away from the Land and no pipes nothing(too High cost)

so the Question is, i know tobacco can grow in dry Land conditions but how about the nicotine content in dry farming ? How much should i water a day ? Watering kinda means i need to go Back and fourth with pails to water lol... so kinda lazy to do that, the lesser i need to the better huhu

i need the Nicotine to be high since im Trying to sell this tobacco to local shops who sell a local form of dip tobacco... so nic really needs to be high...

Is that possible with dry farming and little to no watering ? Land is ploughed really well btw and fertilizer provided, i know turkish tobacco is not ploughed much and the Less ferrilizer as well as less water to make it high fragrance but low nic...

GreenDragon

In general, stressed plants produce more defensive chemicals than non-stressed plants. That’s why you generally don’t fertilize herbs - lush herbs yield flavorless plants. I would assume, therefore that water stressed tobacco would have just as much or higher Nic. levels than non-stressed. As to flavor and yield, however, I can’t comment.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member