Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Fertilizer calculations, (if you're into that kinda thing)

Yultanman

Eeek yes youre right. That was from memory which was obviously flawed.
I get about 5kg per 100sq ft give or take depending on what yoy want to compromise. But it is early so take it with a grain of salt

Knucklehead

Founding Member
How do these numbers tie in with something like Crimson clover as a cover crop? If Crimson Clover fixes 70 to 150 lb. per acre of nitrogen is that too much or not enough? Outside Pride states:
  • Sowing Rate: 1/2 lb - 3/4 lb per 1,000 square feet or 20 to 30 lbs per acre
  • Biomass. As a winter annual, crimson clover can produce 3,500 to 5,500 lb and fix nitro 70 to 150 lb
  • Beneficial habitat and nectar sourcel
  • Mixtures. Crimson clover grows well in mixtures with small grains, grasses and other clovers.

ChinaVoodoo

How do these numbers tie in with something like Crimson clover as a cover crop? If Crimson Clover fixes 70 to 150 lb. per acre of nitrogen is that too much or not enough? Outside Pride states:
  • Sowing Rate: 1/2 lb - 3/4 lb per 1,000 square feet or 20 to 30 lbs per acre
  • Biomass. As a winter annual, crimson clover can produce 3,500 to 5,500 lb and fix nitro 70 to 150 lb
  • Beneficial habitat and nectar sourcel
  • Mixtures. Crimson clover grows well in mixtures with small grains, grasses and other clovers.
There's a number of studies I've read regarding green manure and tobacco which come out of China. They use various plants. Either way, it appears that its advantageous and significantly reduces the amount of additional fertilizer which is necessary.

Darkthirty

Potash = potassium. Muriate = chloride. Potassium sulfate vs. potassium chloride. It's the chlorine that presents a problem (diminished combustibility).

Bob
Found a local grain elevator that will order some for me, Hard to find in Northern Indiana