Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First Time Grower: eekay in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

eekay

Both your and my 14 day forecast looks clear.

I've been keeping a close eye. Red Deer has a really bizarre microclimate with the river bordering us and any sort of effect from Sylvan Lake. I'll be watching it like a hawk. We dipped down to +2 last night.

eekay

It's been a while since any real update.

I harvested all of my leaves at the first frost warning , which never happened. Since then the weather has been unseasonably warm and I could very well have just let the leaves continue to ripen.

I had a real hard time finding any news print, and the pile box method ended up getting away from mye I lost about half of my leaves to mold. Temperatures in the basement stayed consistent at 20C/55-60% RH.

The remaining leaves are mostly dry. I've encountered mold tucked into the very inner folds along the stems on some. These have been discarded.

I really need to locate or devise a better setup for color curing, or just build a flue chamber.

As an interest to some I did a comparison of the roots in the 7 gal plastic pot and the 10 gal cloth pot.

As you can see the plastic is thoroughly root bound, where as the cloth pot is not. The plant in the cloth pot ended up being much bigger, more richly colored, and has leaves that were twice as big as that of the plastic pot.

POGreen

A small snapshot of two of my 9 plants. The plant on the right is grown in a 10gal cloth grow bag, the one on the left in a standard 7gal nursery pot. The difference is staggering. The cloth grow bag plant is definitely much happier, healthier, and the leaves are double or more in size. I have two others that were planted in the ground a little later on and are looking very nice.

What is those 2 big plants for a variety ?
Welcome to the forum btw :giggle:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.