Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Found it! Easydoesit: Akron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easydoesit

Hello all, I just found this sight and it’s a very interesting one. Lots to learn here and I’m glad to have access to it. I’ll start out buy saying I’m a big fan of whole leaf tobacco and it was dumb luck that I discovered I happen to live a couple miles down the street from them! I started dabbling with rolling my own cigars a couple years ago. But it wasn’t until this quarantine started that I devoted the necessary time to get much better. Now I have cigars that I generally prefer to smoke to the store-bought ones I’ve had. And that’s with no age! So it’s nice to be here and I hope to talk to people and learn a few things. Thanks!

Attachments

• 96772074-0F89-4CDF-A3FA-007CCD1C1A07.jpeg
    96772074-0F89-4CDF-A3FA-007CCD1C1A07.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 21
  • E2A50EBF-4822-4782-A2BB-58154F4A8FE4.jpeg
    E2A50EBF-4822-4782-A2BB-58154F4A8FE4.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 21

Knucklehead

Founding Member
If you think it’s fun now, try hand rolling your own cigars from your own home grown tobacco leaf. If you have no yard you can grow it in pots on a sunny deck or by the flower garden. All you need is seed and sun. (Slight exaggeration but not much). Its a great hobby.

tullius

Well, they grow it well in Kentucky and they grow it well in Ontario, and we're in between.

Some idiosyncratics, my word, even grow it in Alberta and Alaska.

I haven't tried doing it yet, but I'd say chances are good.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Does tobacco grow well in Ohio?
SW Ohio is famous for the Burley it once grew. All commercial Burley grown today is derived from a genetic mutation first found and propagated in Ohio in the 1860's
Soil type and curing conditions dictate what types of tobacco grow best in particular areas. Northern Ohio is best suited for just about any air cured type of tobacco, Turkish/Oriental grows to massive sizes, but Flue Cured types grow best in poor soil. Nitrogen elimination or starvation is critical with all tobacco, so Ohio's rich loam soil can create challenges with curing.

Status
Not open for further replies.