Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Garage Kiln

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevea

I think I made a big mistake. During my 2 months of kilning time I didn’t open the door thinking fresh air didn’t needed to be circulated inside the kiln. It had a tiny hole where I put a tube to put water into my humidifier but that was it...maybe 3/16 of a inc in the middle of the kiln. Since pulling it out I let it rest hung up in my garage for 2 months. So it went down to out of case. I then brought some back up to case for 24hrs in the kiln to roll one and smoked it. Im disappointed with the job I did. This was my first grow and it happened to be grown indoors as well. Should I put it all back in the kiln for 2 months and open the door every few days to circulate the air ? Or bring it up to low case and store it in vapor proof bags for a month or more to age ? Or is it a totally waste and I should just make dip out of it ?

Stevea

Could I color cure in the kiln ? Humidity 75% Temp 30C laid flat and rotated/flipped every day. I have so little tobacco left. I’m sure someone has tried if before but if they haven’t I’m willing to try it.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Could I color cure in the kiln ? Humidity 75% Temp 30C laid flat and rotated/flipped every day. I have so little tobacco left. I’m sure someone has tried if before but if they haven’t I’m willing to try it.
DGBAMA used his kiln as an air curing chamber when the humidity got really low during a drought in our area. Works great.

Stevea

DGBAMA used his kiln as an air curing chamber when the humidity got really low during a drought in our area. Works great.

Thats exactly what I was looking for ! Much apreciated

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an ancient thread on a similar subject by @DrBob, who actually built the very first curing chamber (that I know of) in the known home-grow world.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.