Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

G'day from Ottawa

Bot

I smoked cigarettes for many years, and started hand rolling, after the reduced ignition propensity cigarette was introduced. I switched to Swedish snus, until it became too expensive. Now I smoke a pipe. I have enjoyed learning how to smoke the derned things, and I really like trying out, and learning about the different tobaccos for pipe. I have found a few commercial blends that satisfy, with flavour and strength, and nicotine content.

My research on the web, into strong pipe tobaco, lead me to WLT, and now here, on this forum. I have some seeds starting, and plan to have a crop in my nextdoor neighbour's unused planting bed. There is much to learn. I'm starting small, with around fifty plants. I have got two types of rustica, an oriental type, and some Red Russian, whatever that is. The rustica will be used for blending, to bump up the nicotine content of whatever may need fortification.

By the time harvest comes, I expect I will have learned what I need to know, in order to cure my tobacco, and make it pleasant to smoke. And by next year at this time, I may find some seeds that suit both my taste, and my geographical region, 5a I think. This year's attempt to grow tobacco, will at least be a fun hobby for the summer, and beyond.

I really like the Fair Trade Tobacco forum so far. I find it a friendly place, full of earnest helpful, and modest people.

Davo

Ahi Ka - Well-Known Member
Kia ora from Aotearoa New Zealand. I’m a pipe smoker too. Looking forward to seeing your grow

Reactions: Bot