Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Gold leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muggs

Banned
Man I'm smoking this Gold Leaf
Just after curing it.no throat hit.
But it does have an after taste like you've eaten mustard greens, other than that it's a nice smoke.do get kind if a buzz off
It

Muggs

Banned
By dang this worked
Purell.this has everything that's need except one Item.
Fragrance

Muggs

Banned
Just tying it.it cut that bitter after taste,
The Ingredients are no different,than what Iv seen on here.
3 drops to a hand

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Never mind.:sick::poop:
I'm not an enthusiast of emojis, but these two, in sequence, spoke to me.

I'll take a guess that the mustard greens taste is because this flue-cure variety was air-cured, and not yet kilned.

Some leaf looks and smells great, long before it's ready to be smoked.

Bob

Muggs

Banned
I'm not an enthusiast of emojis, but these two, in sequence, spoke to me.

I'll take a guess that the mustard greens taste is because this flue-cure variety was air-cured, and not yet kilned.

Some leaf looks and smells great, long before it's ready to be smoked.

Bob
I used a crock pot in an old Refrigerator.ran it at 125 not sure of the Humidity.
Wouldn't that be Flue curing.
This is Gold Leaf.a Virginia type

Muggs

Banned
Better at making Wine,an Apple Jack.
Guess just going to chock this yr up as a bust.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I used a crock pot in an old Refrigerator.ran it at 125 not sure of the Humidity.
Wouldn't that be Flue curing.
This is Gold Leaf.a Virginia type
If the 125°F lasted about a month, and the leaf was kept humid (at least slightly flexible), then you've kilned it. Flue curing is an intense, 5 day process that begins with green leaf at about 95°F for two days, then ramps up to 165°F over the next 3 days. Different process. Different result.

But if your Gold Leaf was fully color-cured before kilning, then was kilned for a month, I would just let it rest for a few weeks.

Bob

Muggs

Banned
If the 125°F lasted about a month, and the leaf was kept humid (at least slightly flexible), then you've kilned it. Flue curing is an intense, 5 day process that begins with green leaf at about 95°F for two days, then ramps up to 165°F over the next 3 days. Different process. Different result.

But if your Gold Leaf was fully color-cured before kilning, then was kilned for a month, I would just let it rest for a few weeks.

Bob
Ah didnt let it rest. Was impatient.

burge

Look at my post on fermenting and aging just recently. With last years lemon it was a bitter. My fist pressure method leaving it for a month changed the whole tobacco. When moist in the vapor proof bags putting it on the rad made it taster better. Is the leaf yellow? Does it smell good?

Muggs

Banned
Look at my post on fermenting and aging just recently. With last years lemon it was a bitter. My fist pressure method leaving it for a month changed the whole tobacco. When moist in the vapor proof bags putting it on the rad made it taster better. Is the leaf yellow? Does it smell good?

Ok thanks for replying

burge

Not a problem. A real good guy to talk to is doug at ryo magazine. Got a lot of tips on aging. One of the good things when you buy from Don or Big Bonner is it is aged some years it is new stuff other years its at least 1 to 2 years old. I live in a dry climate and the temperature swings makes for perfect aging.

Status
Not open for further replies.