Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

got the 2'nd plot ready... perhaps 100+ plants.and shredder ideas,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i must say im impressed with this tractor/tiller,,,,

this is at the cow dairy,,,,with baccy barns,,, just 300 feet from the grow area,,,

this grow isnt in my backyard,,,,so it's up to my friend to keep a eye on it,,,,'' with my help''

..i have many plants to put here,,, and actually it's going to help me a lot, because now i can focus a '' certain'' part of my area, to cigar speciality baccy's.{ thanks to members sharing special seed with me }

copper010.jpg

By chickenhawk434 at 2012-05-21
//
copper011.jpg

//

i ran across literally hundreds of old baccy sticks, which will once again be used,

>>>
copper012.jpg

//and all types of old equipment, that i may try to incorporate into a baccy shredder,,

>>>
copper016.jpg

//

this device is some type of old,,,fumigator delivering device, ,, im gonna tear into it, and see if i can incorporate it, along with a motor, and perhaps, some blades to make a baccy shredder with

>>
copper017.jpg

Tom_in_TN

Good Lord, Chicken, you get 'fired' from your old job and fall straight into 'baccy heaven. Some things' afoot.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
>>
copper017.jpg

Chicken, This pic is of a dust delivery hand tool. I have had an intimate relationship with this animal. The model I carried had shoulder straps and a belly pad. I can't tell you the hours I spent cranking the #@#$^%#$@ handle to dust my Dad's potatoes. It was WWII and everyone was growing as much as they could to offset food shortages. Dad had about two acres of potatoes and except for plowing and harrowing at the start (a friend had a running tractor) Dad, Mom and I did it all by hand including digging and bagging what seemed like a hundred zillion potatoes. If it was made with potatoes Mom could make it and make it taste good too.

The gear box in that takes the speed of a slow hand crank and rev's it up to turn the impeller fast enough to blow the dust on the plants. The potato beetle was our enemy. I don't remember what dust we used. If you reverse that you may have the speed you want for the shredder but I don't know if the gears are heavy duty enough to take the strain.

Anyway, good luck. I hope this helps.

John

Daniel

Banned
Now your tobacco patch is starting to look like mine. A little thin but I have extra hands helping me. There will be a lot of work in that but youshoudl get plenty of tobacco. Certainly if you plants stay on the same track you have them on so far.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
johnlee,

thats exactlly what that thing is,,, it has a belly guard for resting it on your belly,the straps are gone,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
the motor spins freely,,,, i may use the bearing device it has on it,,,

the shredder, will take shape.. later,,,

as i get all the materials toghter,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
the motor spins freely,,,, i may use the bearing device it has on it,,,

the shredder, will take shape.. later,,,

as i get all the materials toghter,

Take care. That looks like a 1/4 horse motor. It could give you a nasty bite if you are not careful.

John

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well we got it planted today with 85 plants,,,

silver-river
m./c.y.
y.t.b.
ottoman
bursa
lizard tail

i still got plants to put out here, but im gonna let them get a little bigger in thier cups, and many peppers, 3 varities,..cukes, squash,,zuchinni,,,

85001.jpg

By chickenhawk434 at 2012-05-30
//
85002t.jpg

//
85003.jpg

//
85004y.jpg

//