Whole Leaf Tobacco

Greetings from Oregon.

Ifyougotem

Smoking now from 1st WLT order and am of course very, very pleased (since I appreciate truly fine tobaccos, carefully selected and handled by genuine professionals.) Pkg. arrived quickly, and all products in xlnt cond. and outstanding quality. Worked out the casings to my liking, and definitely will be reordering practically everything from this purchase- incl. the 2 requested samples graciously provided. Feeling an instant hoarding disorder beginning to take hold (small laughter.) About myself, I'm a former Series 3 commodities broker and principle, now substantially down-sized and residing in rural So OR. In the past I worked fairly extensively in culinary arts (restaurants from fish 'n' chips joints on the wharf to fine linen / multi-page wine list), catering, live-in chef on an estate, etc., and also in wine: conducting tastings, sales, broker for a couple of European-based importers, etc. Out of the trade for quite a while now, but can still find my way around. Have read through many posts of interest on this forum; it's a great compendium of knowledge, and a fantastic resource for the tobacco enthusiast and DIYer. Thank you Don, Bob & all Moderators for hosting and maintaining this valuable, excellent site.

Regards, Ifyougotem

Ifyougotem

Welcome to the forum.

Bob
Thank you all very much. I just accidentally double-posted in my reply to plantdude in the Oh rats! thread under latest posts. Sorry bout that, live in a rural area & net connection often sucks. It disconnected and I didn't want to lose the legthly text. Another thing I have to watch out for is the auto-spell on this ph., which wants to fight sometimes, and may in fact be possessed. If someone could delete the half-post I'll try to avoid that as much as posbl.

Thanks again, and good day all.

plantdude

Thank you all very much. I just accidentally double-posted in my reply to plantdude in the Oh rats! thread under latest posts. Sorry bout that, live in a rural area & net connection often sucks. It disconnected and I didn't want to lose the legthly text. Another thing I have to watch out for is the auto-spell on this ph., which wants to fight sometimes, and may in fact be possessed. If someone could delete the half-post I'll try to avoid that as much as posbl.

Thanks again, and good day all.
Don't worry, I do most of my typing on an I pad that likes to put in creative spell check suggestions, add words and put in weird unintended punctuation - I think it actually improves my writing;)
I'm generally clueless but Bob, the moderators and many members on this forum know their stuff and are very helpful. You'll enjoy your time here.

Ifyougotem

Don't worry, I do most of my typing on an I pad that likes to put in creative spell check suggestions, add words and put in weird unintended punctuation - I think it actually improves my writing;)
I'm generally clueless but Bob, the moderators and many members on this forum know their stuff and are very helpful. You'll enjoy your time here.
Thanks for the welcome, 'dude. A smooth-sided clean drum or barrel of some sort and you'll get your rat (or likely, rats) w/out sitting up waiting. Obviously you'll need to close up any breaches so they don't enter your home by night. Otherwise a baited trap just draws em in.

Regards, Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldfella

Oldfella
Smoking now from 1st WLT order and am of course very, very pleased (since I appreciate truly fine tobaccos, carefully selected and handled by genuine professionals.) Pkg. arrived quickly, and all products in xlnt cond. and outstanding quality. Worked out the casings to my liking, and definitely will be reordering practically everything from this purchase- incl. the 2 requested samples graciously provided. Feeling an instant hoarding disorder beginning to take hold (small laughter.) About myself, I'm a former Series 3 commodities broker and principle, now substantially down-sized and residing in rural So OR. In the past I worked fairly extensively in culinary arts (restaurants from fish 'n' chips joints on the wharf to fine linen / multi-page wine list), catering, live-in chef on an estate, etc., and also in wine: conducting tastings, sales, broker for a couple of European-based importers, etc. Out of the trade for quite a while now, but can still find my way around. Have read through many posts of interest on this forum; it's a great compendium of knowledge, and a fantastic resource for the tobacco enthusiast and DIYer. Thank you Don, Bob & all Moderators for hosting and maintaining this valuable, excellent site.

Regards, Ifyougotem
Welcome from me NZ as well. Yeah you're gonna have a great time with the forum and, don't forget we luv pics, lotsa pics.
Cheer's Oldfella