Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Habano Oscuro and ASP

AromatiX

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone here can share some knowledge on these tobaccos. I really enjoy the Ecuador Maduro and figured this would be a nice companion wrapper for a bit of variety. Would it be much different from the Habana 2000? . Also since WLT does not have any Esteli Ligero I figured this might be the next best thing?

FrostD

I really enjoy the Habano 2000 wrapper. The Habano Oscuro appears to be the same leaf but perhaps a higher priming? Description says that it’s the darkest leaf wrapper ever carried. I’m thinking that the nicotine content may be more and more richness overall. Hopefully, this doesn’t effect the burn ability. I have yet to try the Habano Oscuro myself, but have some in my shopping cart. In regards to the ASP, it adds a kick and actually blends pretty well with other leaf. I haven’t paired it up with another Ligero yet, but it can stand on its own for sure. I’m happy to see it available again! Just my $.02.

AromatiX

I really enjoy the Habano 2000 wrapper. The Habano Oscuro appears to be the same leaf but perhaps a higher priming? Description says that it’s the darkest leaf wrapper ever carried. I’m thinking that the nicotine content may be more and more richness overall. Hopefully, this doesn’t effect the burn ability. I have yet to try the Habano Oscuro myself, but have some in my shopping cart. In regards to the ASP, it adds a kick and actually blends pretty well with other leaf. I haven’t paired it up with another Ligero yet, but it can stand on its own for sure. I’m happy to see it available again! Just my $.02.
Ah a higher priming makes sense, I imagine it will be quite stout. I wasn't sure about the Oscuro at first but after seeing the new pics it looks real nice and dark, hopefully its will be a great addition. Hopefully the ASP will be available for awhile as I just spent my tobacco budget for the next little bit.

willgodwin

Very happy to see the ASP Ligero, Pelo d Oro and Sumatra binder back in stock as well. I assume ASP is referring to this farm: http://aspenterprises.com Pretty massive operation. They even have a corporate office down the street from me (Richmond, Virginia.)

If it is from this farm/company, would looooove to get more wrapper/leaf here at WLT. Tocedormike89 on instagram calls ASP tobacco "The king of all kings". He is an incredible roller if you're on the 'gram.

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 4.11.45 PM.png

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about that ASP story. I'm pretty sure that's my house.

ASP_4.jpg

Bob