Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Harsh maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abosultan

Hello ,
I got a pound of maryland from whole leaf and I noticed two things.

First, it had small gray dots on the top and I’m almost sure it is mold, i cut the affected parts with scissors since it was only on the top. How can i get rid of it with out cutting the leaf ? Because out of 4 leaves i pulled , 3 had these dots.

Second, when i put about 33% of maryland , hand tied bright leaf, and hand tied lemon in a blend , the cigarettes were harsh in a weird sensation , like i can handle it but sometimes I can’t. And i usually smoke virginias only so im not used to the harshness and i want to get red of it.

What should i do except toasting ? I cant toast. I have the 2# casing from whole leaf but i think it adds a chocolate taste and i prefer the pure tobacco taste.

Is pressing going to be helpful in this case ? Im already going to press it , but is this going to smooth it the degree it’s pleasent ?

It says on the website that it is smooth, is it harsh because of the mold ? Although I didn’t smoke the moldy parts.

Also , i asked the last time for a few samples the all were clean except the Maryland, is this normal for it ?

Thanks.

ChinaVoodoo

Small round dots are a thing that happens when leafs are still alive and it is not mold. I've seen it explained before in the forum but I'm not sure where to find it.

Mold is 3 dimensional and can be wiped off.

This is not why the MD is harsh. The MD is harsh because it is a strong air cured tobacco and the pH of the smoke is high. I can smoke it straight in small quantities. I let my body tell me when to stop.

Yes, you can toast it. You can also experiment with adding citric acid. Or the simplest and most recommended course is to not use as much. 20% should be better.

Figure out the % which makes the best blend for you before you press because pressing itself probably won't do what you hope for.

tullius

609 is a singular bird. I find it smells great and nutty out of the pack, but then develops this funky animalistic odor when shredded, unlike any other tobacco. I don't care for it in either pipe tobacco blends or dip, but some love it toasted in pipe blends, toasted in cigs, or made into cavendish. For the record there was nothing wrong with the pack I got from WLT, it was in absolutely perfect condition, just not my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.