Whole Leaf Tobacco

Harvest and Rajangan processing fail

Tobaccomy

Hey Guys quick question

so i harvested a bunch of lower stalk leaf cured them till yellowish but maybe not enough yellow and got some green gunk

Why is it so watery ? Thought it would be quite dryish leaf ? Is it related to something wrong im doing or ? Hardly ever rains now so i water about a litre or less a day

everythint just sticks to each other and also i did Apply extremely high amounts of Chicken manure since my soil is kinda degraded from over growing corn and other stuff.... really need some help

C0443637-D8BD-4286-8828-2CCA7315FF98.jpeg

45EFB28E-B5F3-46B9-8619-FF913D369619.jpeg

Oldfella

Oldfella
Might be overkill on the chicken poo. I just use sheep pellets, about 10kg scattered along the lines that I will plant 8- 10 plants. Also could be over watered. A pic of the plants might be helpful.
Cheers Jhonny

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see any sun-cured leaf. When fully sun-cured, it should be fully yellow or brown. For me, sun-curing requires about 3 weeks.

I'm not sure what you are showing in the second photo.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

Those whole leaves will change to yellow if you keep them in a cool dark place in a cardboard box. Open the box every two days and go through them.

Only sun cure them after they turn mostly yellow, especially if you are going to shred it to sun cure it.
See how in the following link the shred is yellow?

Also look at this thread.

Tobaccomy

Yo thanks Guys, ill make sure theyre really yellow Before shredding... thats an attempt to make rajangan btw, its used to smoke with the nipah leaves here in Malaysia... thanks again ya

agil wintoko

Hey Guys quick question

so i harvested a bunch of lower stalk leaf cured them till yellowish but maybe not enough yellow and got some green gunk

Why is it so watery ? Thought it would be quite dryish leaf ? Is it related to something wrong im doing or ? Hardly ever rains now so i water about a litre or less a day

everythint just sticks to each other and also i did Apply extremely high amounts of Chicken manure since my soil is kinda degraded from over growing corn and other stuff.... really need some help

View attachment 29511

View attachment 29512
a little advice guys.
for tobacco rajangan it is very very not recommended to use chicken manure or high nitrogen chemical fertilizer , even though the plant looks green and fresh, and the leaves are mature at picked, so when fermented it turns yellow after being dried in the sun the result will be very disappointing.

my advice for tobacco rajangan better to use goat or cow manure, and use a low nitrogen fertilizer non chlorine, preferably added with kno3 fertilizer.

for plants that still exist, heal the condition by keeping the soil dry, followed by spraying a high concentration of kno3 or mono potassium phosphate, until the water content in the leaves decreases.