Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Has anybody done this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bika

Has anybody hear done this? Im thinking about it, I have built a fermintation chamber that could go as low in temp to be a curing chamber as well. But has anybody had any experince with this process?

notcrack

I'm not to person to comment on this, but I'm positive flue curing requires air movement whereas fermintation requires only occasional air movement. This is a guess formulated on what I've read here, but might be completely wrong.

Bika

I'm not to person to comment on this, but I'm positive flue curing requires air movement whereas fermintation requires only occasional air movement. This is a guess formulated on what I've read here, but might be completely wrong.

That can be easily taken care of..... And thank you for the info. I did not think of that.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
That is my understanding also. The air movement in flue curing is to prevent "hot spots" and get a uniform cure. In fermenting you are attempting to prevent mold.

John

Matty

Are you thinking of a completely aritificial curing chamber? As in where you put in green leaf and color cure or flue cure and/or age/kiln the leaf without shifting everything around? Like a one stop cure shop?

LeftyRighty

Founding Member
I tried that with my fermentation kiln, a couple years ago. I could keep the temp low enough for a good cure, but I had too much trouble with the humidity. My kiln then did not have a fan, nor adequate control on ventilation, and leaf remained too wet, too long. If it didn't mold, then it turned brown/black from composting. You'll need high humidity (90%) but not wet wet leaf.
Am building a new kiln now, and may try it again. But, then, now I have access to another large chest freezer, so I may just build a new flue-curing box with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.