Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Has anybody tried the polish shredder heads in 0,55mm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdm56

They are from Lucas but he is currently out of stock. Wondering if they would clog easier than the standard 0.8mm cutters.

I currently have a small manual 0.7mm machine from Tobacco and Machines, also in Poland.

burge

Welcome some people have bought from Poland Larry has and they lasted about 2 years. Lucas products tend to have good reviews. Just parts and such if something is needed would be expensive

bdm56

Thanks Bob, just did so :cool: Would like to hear from anyone who has tried such a fine roller shredder & what issues if any where experienced.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
If you are just hand cranking you probably will not notice a difference in the smaller shred. Add a motor and yes, it'll probably have a tendency to clog. I have a 1.6mm that shreds flawlessly when motor driven. I also have a .8mm that jams quite often when driven by a motor.

bdm56

Hahaha....I agree China o_O Wouldn't it be nice to have one universal. I was lucky enough to be still in school when Aus changed from imperial to metric but still does my head in

Was chatting to Lucas and he reckons 0.5 rollers wear out quicker. He recommends using 0.8 and putting it through twice. I tried with my 0.7 small hand machine and it nearly jammed and also turned the output into powder despite the baccy being nearly too wet.

Orson Carte

When you're talking about bulk tobacco it's certainly near enough for me.
And, as for wishing that we had one 'universal' system of measures - for all intents and purposes we do!
Only three countries in the world don't subscribe to the Metric System - Burma, Liberia and USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.