Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from California

Hello all, gonna be my first attempt at rolling my own cigars. I want something with some creamy, nutty coffee notes. Don't really know what filler, binder and wrap to use. I like something a little lighter then Maduro but I like Maduro too, nothing darker.

Thank you

GreenDragon

Welcome from Texas! I highly recommend WLT's Melodioso Cremosa cigar kit to get you started. It's what I used as my first rolling experiment and they turned out great, and sounds like the flavor profile you are after.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. GreenDragon nailed the recommendation. Just go for it. Be sure to post your first stick in the Pics of your Sticks thread. We love first-ever cigars. Check out our Index of Key Forum Threads (link in menu bar) for cigar tips.

Bob

That's what I just ordered, thanks y'all for the help. Don't want my first experience to be a bad one

Welcome from Texas! I highly recommend WLT's Melodioso Cremosa cigar kit to get you started. It's what I used as my first rolling experiment and they turned out great, and sounds like the flavor profile you are after.

I canceled my order with leaf only, I like how whole leaf has these kits. I didn't want the kit LO has and randomly picked some leafs and filler that sounded good, I did some research and found the leaf I was gonna use for binder and wrapper doesn't make a good binder cause it's too thin. Good thing I ran across WLT and this forum, thanks yall

GreenDragon

You will not be disappointed. Also, check out the Key Forum Threads and the Rolling Sub-forum for some excellent member video's on rolling.

waikikigun

I canceled my order with leaf only, I like how whole leaf has these kits. I didn't want the kit LO has and randomly picked some leafs and filler that sounded good, I did some research and found the leaf I was gonna use for binder and wrapper doesn't make a good binder cause it's too thin. Good thing I ran across WLT and this forum, thanks yall
What leaf did you think was too thin?

And Aloha from Santa Barbara. ;)

What leaf did you think was too thin?

And Aloha from Santa Barbara. ;)

Dominican Seco Piloto Cubano and CT Havana Primed is what I ordered. After some research I found it said that the primed is too thin to use as a binder, maybe not for an experienced roller though.

greetings from Fresno, hope to be living in SLO in the next few years..

waikikigun

Dominican Seco Piloto Cubano and CT Havana Primed is what I ordered. After some research I found it said that the primed is too thin to use as a binder, maybe not for an experienced roller though.

greetings from Fresno, hope to be living in SLO in the next few years..
Thanks. Never tried that CT Primed, but yeah, you can double-up anything and bind with it, IMHO.

What're you hoping to do in SLO? School or work? I admit, I'd rather live in SLO than Fresno, myself.... I usually only pass through Fresno on my way to Yosemite.

Thanks. Never tried that CT Primed, but yeah, you can double-up anything and bind with it, IMHO.

What're you hoping to do in SLO? School or work? I admit, I'd rather live in SLO than Fresno, myself.... I usually only pass through Fresno on my way to Yosemite.
Work.. I was born an raised here in Fresno. I hate the heat and extreme cold. Pismo has always been my get away, figured I might as well live in that area. SLO or Santa Maria area

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, although I lived in the Bay Area of California for some years, that was a long time ago, back when people spelled things with fingers instead of thumbs. I had to look up "SLO" just now. San Luis Obispo.

Bob

waikikigun

Work.. I was born an raised here in Fresno. I hate the heat and extreme cold. Pismo has always been my get away, figured I might as well live in that area. SLO or Santa Maria area
Sounds good. Yeah, my buddy in Shafter (near BF) goes to Pismo with his fam to get away from the heat.

waikikigun

Sorry, although I lived in the Bay Area of California for some years, that was a long time ago, back when people spelled things with fingers instead of thumbs. I had to look up "SLO" just now. San Luis Obispo.

Bob
People around here have called SLO "SLO" or "SLO-town" since at least the 1960s (I can't remember further back than that). Six syllables are just too darn much.