Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebuck

Hello all. I’m 70 yrs old, been smoking a pipe since 15. I’m originally from Missouri, growing up even some of the women in my family smoked pipes. I smoke staight tobaccos, like plugs. Hope to get educated on making my own plugs from leaf. Looks like a great site.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Check the New Growers' FAQ for growing, and the Index of Key Forum Threads (both links in the menu bar) for specific topics. There is also a Wiki link up there with some info on plug.

Bob

GreenDragon

Welcome from Texas! We have a lot of fun here and the forum has a wealth of information. Do you have a preference; Virginias, Burleys, etc?

Stevebuck

Welcome from Texas! We have a lot of fun here and the forum has a wealth of information. Do you have a preference; Virginias, Burleys, etc?
Smoked burley or predominantly burly blends for 50 years, then tried some straight Virginia’s, looking for less nic and really enjoyed them. Now I alternate . I like the tradition of plugs and have rehabbed a couple of cutters from the 1800s.

MarcL

Welcome to Fair Trade Tobacco.
I'd like to see your plug cutter when ever you can get to it.

Charly

Welcome to FTT, you will find no place with more informations about tobacco than here.

Stevebuck

Welcome from southwest Arkansas.
Yes please post a pic of the cutters.

This is mine, I recently gave it the face lift.
I like plugs also - straight va., I dont like burley in a pipe.
View attachment 29620
Welcome from southwest Arkansas.
Yes please post a pic of the cutters.

This is mine, I recently gave it the face lift.
I like plugs also - straight va., I dont like burley in a pipe.
View attachment 29620
I also rehabbed this style of cutter, also have a Yankee cutter, smaller , which I like and use a lot. The Yankee cutter came out of a store in West Virginia. I like the tradition of plugs and am in the process of building a press . I have not dealt with whole leaf so the journey begins. I like straight Virginia’s , Burley, or a combination. No Perique, thank you. Hope to hear from folks with experience to help guide me on my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.