Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

hello from midwest usa

newguy

hi, I would like to try whole leaf for pipe blending. I am open to suggestions on what I should get with a limited budget. I like english and vapers. I am thinking about getting the balkin blend some perique latakia and some viginia, from WLT, any suggestions for a first order? thanks in advance , I have learned a lot reading the forums so far. Pearl of Shibam sounds good but I would also need an oriental. thanks for reading this.

MarcL

Welcome to Fair Trade Tobacco. Your in the right place. Be sure to read the FAQ, and look over the topics in the Index of Key Forum Threads. Both are linked in the menu bar.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. (I suspect the name "newguy" will feel dated in a year or three.) Buy some VA Bright, Basma, Latakia, Perique and maybe a burley or dark air-cured from WLT, and you will have a gazillion possibilities for pipe blending.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome. Thank you for joining us.

Deluxestogie has some excellent variety suggestions. There are threads here showing how to make your own Cavendish from VA Bright and/or burley to open up even more blending opportunities. Keep us posted on your progress.

Oldfella

hi, I would like to try whole leaf for pipe blending. I am open to suggestions on what I should get with a limited budget. I like english and vapers. I am thinking about getting the balkin blend some perique latakia and some viginia, from WLT, any suggestions for a first order? thanks in advance , I have learned a lot reading the forums so far. Pearl of Shibam sounds good but I would also need an oriental. thanks for reading this.
Welcome from me in NZ. Have fun, it's even more fun if you grow your own. That way you really get the most out of your baccy. You can get all the information you need on this site.
Cheers Oldfella

newguy

thanks everyone. I ordered the traditional balkan tobacco kit from whole leaf. it turned out pretty nice. I need to get a way to shred better, I used a pair of scissors.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
thanks everyone. I ordered the traditional balkan tobacco kit from whole leaf. it turned out pretty nice. I need to get a way to shred better, I used a pair of scissors.

Good method for pipe:

newguy

I will get a curved blade before my next order, thanks for the suggestion.