Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Help identify plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

genilsonmb

Hello,
I would like to know from you guys if there is any chance for this plant to be a Latakia tobacco plant or any kind of tobacco, for I bought the seed on the internet and threw it in this brown pot.
Thank you!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-05-03 at 06.34.53.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-05-03 at 06.34.53.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-05-03 at 06.34.34.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-05-03 at 06.34.34.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 13

Alpine

Welcome to FTT. And sorry but that doesn’t look like a tobacco plant... Member Skychaser is the owner of Northwoodseeds, a reliable source of tobacco seeds. Try with some of his seeds.

pier

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.

That's not tobacco. It looks like Jewelweed in the second picture. The first picture looks like a nice assortment of common weeds.

alPol05

Hello,
I would like to know from you guys if there is any chance for this plant to be a Latakia tobacco plant or any kind of tobacco, for I bought the seed on the internet and threw it in this brown pot.
Thank you!

Latakia varietal doesn't exist. There is no such tobacco plant as Latakia.

Latakia is produced from a variety of small leaves of Oriental tobaccos grown in Cypress. Originally it was produced in Syria and now its production is located in Cypress. There is plenty of information on the web about Latakia. One is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latakia_(tobacco)

BigBonner

Founding Member
Some of your problem may be your soil and had the weed seed in the soil to start with .
I don't know how you planted your seeds , But with the planters in the picture you should have sewn the seeds on top of the soil, lightly padded down with your hand and lightly misted them with water and kept misted so they would germinate . They should have also had a cotton covering the planters .This would help keep the sun and air from drying the soil out .

Weeds are weeds and will grow anywhere they want and from being buried deep in the soil . Tobacco can not be covered with soil . Only a slight light dusting .Back when I sewed outside beds I would sew the seed mixed in a bucket of fine fertilizer on top of the worked up beds and then roll the beds lightly with a 3 ft wide roller and cover lightly with straw and cover with a cotton canvas .

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Pigweed? Jewelweed? Could be. The giveaway to me that it is not tobacco is the brownish stalk. The small Oriental varieties made (by lengthy fire-curing) into "Latakia" may look something like those leaves (petiolate--having a distinct leaf stem attaching to the stalk) or may be sessile (leaf lamina reaches all the way to the stalk), since both are used for it in various areas. But the stalk just doesn't look kosher. I'll go with BigBonner's assumption that it comes from a weed seed in the soil.

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to post an introduction in the Introduce Yourself section. You may find the growers' FAQ (link at the top of every page) helpful. If you enter your general location into your profile, it may be helpful in answering your questions.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.