Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

How do you clean your dirt lugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radagast

If you're the type to save your "dirt lugs" (aka sand lugs, mud lugs, etc.), what, if anything, do you do about all the dirt? I want to smoke these because they happen to look and smell great. I'll probably try my best to wipe em off I guess. I don't want dirt in my pipe..
20200730_142640.jpg

gardengnome

I have used a small paint brush and lightly dusted them off with good results, but the leaf cant be completely dry and crispy. Perhaps a light rinse of water then just let them dry a while? Im new to growing and haven't done much cleaning so we'll see what methods everyone else here uses!

plantdude

I know Bob and other members don't usually recommend washing the picked leaves. I've seen Bob mention its ok to give them a quick hose off on the plant as long as they have time to dry.
I don't want to give bad advice but between all the birds around here and the flyover mosquito fogger I'm not adverse to giving my leaves a quick washing then letting them air dry when I think it's needed. With the sand lugs I would think they probably have been exposed a time or two to water since they have dried on the plant. My disclaimer - Keep in mind I don't know what I'm doing though;)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I would dry the brown, dirty ones to low case (just barely flexible), then brush off most of the dirt with a soft, dry brush of some sort. The more they are rinsed after browning, the more nicotine gets washed away. The dirt itself won't hurt you or your pipe, but it won't burn, and might taste a bit "loamy". If they've been sprayed with agent orange, or other mystery compounds, I would be disinclined to smoke such low quality leaf.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.