Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Humidor... after they're rolled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdaddy

I got two wine coolers off Craigs list. 8 bottles each one. Bottom one I made Spanish cedar drawers for, boxes in the top one. Works fantastic. Rock solid 63%rh at 66 degrees.

Double decker.jpg

webmost

I have two cedar humidors and two ice chests. The ice chests out perform the cedar humidors hands down. Only thing is, the humidors look so cool. One humidor holds fire cured smokes, so they don't stink up the other boxes. The other holds the high dollar stuff. The bigger cooler holds leaf, the other cooler holds mostly machine mades and my hand mades. I throw all the cedar sleeves and all the cedar filler blocks I get in there to help it smell right.

Guess I ought to take pictures, but I'm late to work.

quo155

I have yet to roll any, but I'm working on my setup...however I do have a spot where, once rolled, they will rest until time to smoke...

DIY Pete

I love mine wineador and I found an old humi on Craigslist to keep my accessories in.

moscca

Hmmm.... I can not decide between a large humidor or a winecooler, prefer the looks of a humidor but read so many good things of the NewAir CC-280E 400 cigar cooler.

Gdaddy

Hmmm.... I can not decide between a large humidor or a winecooler, prefer the looks of a humidor but read so many good things of the NewAir CC-280E 400 cigar cooler.

I would think where you are with higher temps and humidity a winedor would be perfect since you need temperature control. Thermoelectric units make no noise either. I love the stability it gives. I care more about the condition of my cigars than appearance of an attractive humidor.

quo155

I love my NewAir wineador...it's been going strong and steady for about 4+ years now. How they're maintained is more important than the looks...but you can make them look nice/decent too. JMHO

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I think if the folks that make the wine coolers find out that they make perfect humidors, They will put the skills in cigars and cases with custom drawers. More Mon for fun.

DIY Pete

If anyone gets a wine cooler and wants custom drawers or shelves, Forest over at http://wineadors.com/ does nice work. I will give fair warning, he works at his own pace so it can take six weeks or more to get your stuff.

Pete

ArizonaDave

If anyone gets a wine cooler and wants custom drawers or shelves, Forest over at http://wineadors.com/ does nice work. I will give fair warning, he works at his own pace so it can take six weeks or more to get your stuff.

Pete

Hmm, nice link! Right now though, my humidors are working just fine. I have a 150 count, and an Ashton desk top. Then again, I am rolling more than I'm actually smoking, and will probably something similar soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.