Whole Leaf Tobacco

import some leaf into New Zealand

stic

Just so everyone is clear; of the 6 orders I have records for, 5 of them averaged 5.5 weeks, from order to arrival at my door (actually ranging from 4 weeks to 7 weeks)!

the 6th is tracking to be no different...

JennyLeez

@FmGrowit

I am really sorry to hear of the hassles with my country men. Just too impatient and not reading in here what many have been telling them.
The back log comes from a kiln breaking down and having to wait for parts. We were told this by email from the outfit having this issue. The other company had also had hassles which is what I struck with my sooty tobacco.
I am afraid I would not have sent any replacement package out at all. My country men should have been more patient.

I have 4 boxes held up at customs at present. I have paid for the heat treatment on all 4. I always email the company and let them know. They email when they pick up boxes. They email when they are due to release boxes back to customs and hence I know it is on its way.

They emailed a while back explaining the hold up so I was all good with that. No biggy, not the end of the world.
I have been advised I have box 1 of the 4 being released tomorrow. This box I brought from you end of November :) :) :)
So that makes it a 4 month wait.
But this lady is patience and now grateful that at least 1 of my boxes will soon be delivered :)

Needless to say I will not need any for a while with 3 more boxes stock pile at customs ... lol

and least we forget, there is far far far more important things going on around us as we in New Zealand have been stepped up to Level 4 and will be in full lock down in 24 hours to try and out run the covid19 virus.

( Thankfully the couriers are still working )

So stay at home all and stay safe :)

Cheers
Jenny

stic

Yep, I JUST got the email today about the breakdown (although, as they've had my latest parcel since 26 February, they could have emailed me a bit earlier with this info...

tommayo88

Morning from Wgtn. N.Z. I hope you don't mind but I have purchased some tobacco & don't mind the waiting time for customs. In no hurry, just want to see the process first hand. Thanks for the fair warning though. Good things take time, things are moving very slowly here at the moment. Hope everyone else is well in Lockdown. Cheers

stic

Hasn't changed my situation really; I'm on ACC off work with a torn supraspinatus (again), so, other than taking the dogs out to the next town over for a good run at the dog park at 6.30am every day, I usually stay home the rest of the time.