Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

import some leaf into New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orson Carte

One other thing -
Make sure, after paying Rentokil, you email them and ask them to acknowledge the fact that you've paid.
They told me, (when I was asking them to explain why my parcel hadn't been treated 2 1/2 months after I paid them) that I should've sent an email like that.
I told them that it never said anything like that on their form and that the MPI reference number should've been enough to positively identify the payment - to which all they could say was, 'we're thinking about putting the email instruction on the information sheet'.

parabolic

well I just got my letter today from MPI asking for my instruction, the package arrived on the 6th, god knows why it took 6 days to get a letter yesterday the 12th. I will post pics of the two companies options for treatment in a bit should anyone across the pond be interested in it.

Orson Carte

If it only took a week for you to receive MPI's letter, etc, after the parcel's arrival at the border you should consider yourself quite lucky - they aren't usually anything like that quick.
And, this is the easy part of it. The real stuffing around starts with either 'Flick' or 'Rentokil' getting around to collecting and treating your parcel (once you've paid them, and you've managed to convince them that you actually have) and then them returning it to the Mail Cente - which might eventually get around to sending it on to you.
And, it'll probably get worse if you're buying from an overseas seller who isn't GST registered - because then, before you'll get any treatment instructions your parcel will be held in limbo-lockdown until Customs write you a letter and you pay the GST , which should've been charged when you made the original order).

burge

Hopefully you will get it soon. I know for us in Canada we are lucky due to leaf being transported that they allow the personal use exemption providing it s bought form a licensed seller. I still can't buy it in Canada which would be a huge saving on the exchange rate.

jasongee

Hi all.Hey anyone got any suggestions about a parcel that has gone missing/stolen from customs NZ.I had a parcel heat treated through flick and they got it back to customs fine.It was signed off and cleared by customs and i have the digital receipt from them with my name and address included.They told me nz post got a hold of it but i have since found out it was delivered to Waikato and not to me in Christchurch.I have been battling nz post ever since the 8th of Jan to get my parcel back but they refuse to do anything about it and call staff tell me it was delivered correctly, even after all my evidence produced.Ive spoken to them several times and they told me ive got the wrong shipping number and its not my parcel.They refuse to put me through to management and i cant claim anything back as they said it was delivered correctly.This has got to be theft either by the driver or the recipient if it wasnt the delivery driver.The recipients have made no effort to contact me if it was wrongly delivered and im fuming about the whole thing.I cant get any answers and ive spoken to nzpost, mpi, and usps but nothing yet and everyone is playing dumb.Has anyone struck this before?.

burge

I would try to elevate the claim with the digital receipt if it has your address on it.

jasongee

Yeah for sure.I sent all that to them a week ago and they still were defiant. I spoke to mpi today and they said they have elevated it with nz post management, so hopefully will get an answer this week as it looks like nz post are finally taking it seriously.Been battling them for nearly 2 weeks now so would be nice if i got my parcel back.Ill keep ya posted.

stic

Every time I've had a shipment, i've tracked it through 17TRACK, but i've never had a balls up like this...

There is NO way they can claim it was delivered correctly; Whole leaf have YOUR shipping address, the parcel had to go to YOUR shipping address; anything less from NZ POST is failure!

Do you happen to know what address it actually went to?

ChinaVoodoo

Do you happen to know what address it actually went to?

Yes, this conversation was going on in another thread also:

jasongee

Hey all,after battling with nz post for a fair while now and with mpi on their case, ive finally got the parcel back today.I received an email today from nz post management telling me they have got stuck in with their efforts, and they have contacted the Christchurch branch of nz post as well(my city).
I then received a phone call from the local branch and a woman there tells me she has my parcel,they said they will deliver tomorrow but i told them id pick it up myself, so i did.Funny thing is nz post put a sticker on it dating back five days and it said, address doesn't exist. The parcel also had the address missing,someone has ripped open the plastic envelope containing my address, and its completely gone.Someone has also put a new nz post shipping label on it and fully removed the old one which you can clearly see.The only address on the parcel is details from the custom declaration from the u.s, with my name and parcel details, which is just about black in color for some reason.They are covering up the whole thing as i believe they did send it 600 miles away,and are now jumping through hoops and apologizing for the incident.The guy at the desk couldnt give me any details about the parcel as the old nz post label was gone.According to the sticker it says it been sitting in the local depo for 5 days.Easy to back date a sticker though.
I didnt think a postage company would go to so much length to hide all the details,and fully remove the address details as well.Does anyone else think its all very dodgy?Im really happy to get the parcel back but wtf.Wholeleaf did have my shipping number and nzpost were telling me it wasnt mine.
The woman i emailed from nz post said there was a parcel at mpi with a Hamilton address at the same time as me,but i dont buy it.
To much shifty shit on the parcel to believe that story They told me they will still investigate and offered me a gift for the troubles. Im so happy to get back though,but damn.

burge

Lets hope you get it. This year they sent mine to Quebec so the duty was pretty much the same and I called customs and said this went a weird way so copied and pasted the bill and released immediately. So I asked for next year if it could be processed at the normal spot it went through it would make it easier as I make a order every year

jasongee

Jeeze,good you got it back after them sending it there.I could imagine all the reasons and excuses they would come up with..

stic

Someone at NZ Post might be swiping parcels huh...good to know.

Ill keep a VERY close eye on the movements of my next order...

jasongee

Yep,it would pay to keep an eye out for that happening.Wonder if it would make a difference if the parcels sent were signature required.In the case of wrong delivery address it might,but not so much if nz post has dodgy drivers.

Charly

I am glad you got your package !
Sometimes postal services are doing some really weird things...

JennyLeez

Progress Report:
Remember my soot from Flick?

soot.jpg

Well I have not heard anything so far from customs and my compensation claim. I wait :)

Meanwhile Rentokil is doing a much better job.

Looking_better.jpg

However they are as slow as Flick to deal with. It is taking them a month to pick up my boxes from customs.
But that is ok, as long as they are not burning my leaves crispy black I can wait :)

Evelyn, track your boxes and then you will know where they are.
I use nzpost:
https://www.nzpost.co.nz
and

uspost
https://www.packagemapping.com

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.