Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

import some leaf into New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyLeez

Here is what I have if it helps anyone.
Ordered 18th May
Arrived at MYUS 26th May and sat with them for 5 days. ( They are overloaded so they advised)
Arrived Auckland 31st May
Cleared Customs 6th June
Delivery is supposedly tomorrow 8th June
So a total of 22 days or there abouts.

I used Fedx. Shipping to MyUS and then from MyUS to NZ cost me heaps more than normal. For some reason my 8lbs became 9.5lbs. Must have been a heavy box :)
Fedx also charged me GST plus at this end, Inspection fees, Activity Fees and Zone Fees of $76

Now if this by passes the Heat Treatment I am going to be extremely happy.
Also considering the last box to arrive took 4 months, 22 days is fast :)

The hold up appears to be with MyUS.
The next box I ordered has now been with them for 6 days :(

Cheers
Jenny

abec72

Here is what I have if it helps anyone.
Ordered 18th May
Arrived at MYUS 26th May and sat with them for 5 days. ( They are overloaded so they advised)
Arrived Auckland 31st May
Cleared Customs 6th June
Delivery is supposedly tomorrow 8th June
So a total of 22 days or there abouts.

I used Fedx. Shipping to MyUS and then from MyUS to NZ cost me heaps more than normal. For some reason my 8lbs became 9.5lbs. Must have been a heavy box :)
Fedx also charged me GST plus at this end, Inspection fees, Activity Fees and Zone Fees of $76

Now if this by passes the Heat Treatment I am going to be extremely happy.
Also considering the last box to arrive took 4 months, 22 days is fast :)

The hold up appears to be with MyUS.
The next box I ordered has now been with them for 6 days :(

Cheers
Jenny
Did it deliver?

stic

I have contacted USPS to find out why my tobacco has been sitting at Jamaica Airport in NY for the last 17 days...

Not too happy about it either...

Coincidentally, my order was shipped form wholeleaf on 18 May too...but, mine is still in NY...:(

freedompiper

I have one from leafonly which I paid $41USD for expedited shipping that has taken a week to go from CT to MA. That's not very far at all, and it's in the wrong direction!

JennyLeez

My first box arrived Monday.
It contained this very strange looking whole leaf tobacco :)
It was yellow!!!!! The same colour as this happy face :)

lol yep no heat treatment. No burnt to a cinder. What a huge difference to some of the boxes I have been receiving.

My second box shipped to MYUS has now been held up for 8 days. I have emailed them tonight and ask they check whether they still have or have sent to someone else. I was being tactful but plodding them to hopefully ship.

Cheers

stic

Mine is also with USPS, they just confirmed today that the COVID issue with increased freight and deliveries has put them quite behind, so there are bound to be delays; fair enough...

Davo

Ahi Ka - Well-Known Member
Hopefully customs will be lenient on anything stuck in transit if it fails to arrive before the 1st

stic

Let's hope...this order was placed and initially sent prior to the announcement of the rule change even being made...

freedompiper

Hmm can no longer select Fedex at MyUS. "This item cannot ship with your preferred shipping method. Please select a new shipping method or change your shipping address."

freedompiper

According to Fedex website. Where they used to list "chewing tobacco" as a prohibited import to NZ, it now lists "tobacco".

abec72

According to Fedex website. Where they used to list "chewing tobacco" as a prohibited import to NZ, it now lists "tobacco".
Do you have an order that you cannot ship from MYUS? What other shipping options are there, I'm pretty sure there is DHL.

Orson Carte

MyUS and Fedex (at the US end) needs to be told that anything in transit, before July 1 that is classified as 'unmanufactured tobacco' is not considered to be 'tobacco for cigarettes and cigars'.
It has been my experience that anything 'umanufactured' arriving at MyUS, is given (by them) a new designation on their forwarding label that doesn't include this word ('unmanfactured').
This is why, when the parcel arrives at the Fedex in Auckland they are requiring proof (by way of the WLT invoice) so they can clear the shipment, free of Excise Duty, with Customs.
The advantage in using Fedex, if at all possible, is that they are now familiar with the procedure when the parcel arrives in NZ.

Davo

Ahi Ka - Well-Known Member
My first order which has come through myus required me to contact fedex to change the item description etc so it was exempt for duty. This was a very easy process. My next order which is currently in route to myus has included this relevant information in the WLT order notes. This means that the Myus person who is handling my order will clearly see what the items should be declared as

Status
Not open for further replies.