Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

import some leaf into New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

My 4 month delayed order arrived in the country yesterday. Usps is shocking what a slow train.
I ordered some vinyl (music) from the UK. Shipping was $9.67 Canadian. I was going to order some from California, but USPS wanted over $40 Canadian for the same weight as I ordered from the UK. USPS is so expensive, it don't make sense. When I order from WLT, if my order is too small, they make almost as much as Don.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Over the past couple of months, I've contacted every branch of the USPS from regional Post Master to Business Support to Consumer Affairs to Bussiness Solutions. Not one single person ever returned a phone call, but it appears as though a fire has been lit under somebody's ass....finally.

tommayo88

keep lighting fires under asses, Joe Lycett "comedian" took Hermes "freight company" to task in the U.K when packages which were dismissed as being lost would turn up for sale at a large auction house. Some packages had addresses and tracking numbers still visible. He managed to get the processes reviewed and exposed the b*st$ds :)

Kiwi-Puffin

Just booked my 1.5kg package into Rentokil, pick up next monday. Very friendly staff, ka pai. Hope it isn't too crispy when I get to it post-heat treatment. :)
Mine to arrived and will be heading with yours for heat treatment on Monday, first time for me bringing it in,and was lucky enough before the change of law.

tommayo88

Arrived at mine today, Latakia, Kentucky Fire Cured & Stacked Basma Turkish Whole Leaf! Heat treatment was good, looking forward to shredding & mixing. Thanks for the ongoing advice & swapping of notes & experiences. Glad to have gotten in before policy change. Latakia is currently filling the lounge, so potent

Attachments

• 20200720_160409.jpg
    20200720_160409.jpg
    795.8 KB · Views: 21

tullius

Arrived at mine today, Latakia, Kentucky Fire Cured & Stacked Basma Turkish Whole Leaf! Heat treatment was good, looking forward to shredding & mixing. Thanks for the ongoing advice & swapping of notes & experiences. Glad to have gotten in before policy change. Latakia is currently filling the lounge, so potent
Those look exactly like what I'm getting when I pick them up directly from WLT in person. Your stacked basma *might* be a touch darker, but that's probably just the lighting.

Anyways, beautiful leaf.

stic

Just got the letter today...

Slight change, in that I only have a Rentokil option this time...last time, I only had a Flick option...

Let's see if Rentokil can heat it without turning it to a fused lump of charcoal like Flick did...

Kiwi-Puffin

Yes mine arrived today to,all in good condition.
Now to see how to get it shipped here and the new tax on it before getting anymore.

Terribill

My 4 month delayed order arrived in the country yesterday. Usps is shocking what a slow train.
USPS picked up 7th june ..Priority international to NZ 42 days.Arrived 16th july. I should have used priority Int Express. 2 weeks at Jamaica ny.

Orson Carte

USPS picked up 7th june ..Priority international to NZ 42 days.Arrived 16th july. I should have used priority Int Express. 2 weeks at Jamaica ny.

You're relatively lucky...
I'm still waiting on a parcel to get past ' The item is currently in transit to the destination'. (from Chicago) that was mailed on April 21. That's around 90 days, and I really don't know where it is.

Terribill

You're relatively lucky...
I'm still waiting on a parcel to get past ' The item is currently in transit to the destination'. (from Chicago) that was mailed on April 21. That's around 90 days, and I really don't know where it is.
I will know what luck is in a week .. Either good or bad . Not at liberty to say just yet .. Prev orders to nz have been 8 days or less. 2 weeks chicago then haneda tokyo a few days ,then Narita Tokyo direct to nz . NZPost and Usps tracking varied considerably .Did you send by Priority International?

Orson Carte

It's so long ago now I can't recall whether I elected 'priority' or not. the last entry on the tracker indicates that it arrived in San Francisco on June 4.
Because I believe that USPS simply uses ordinary commercial flights I would imagine that because there would be very few of them bound for NZ out of SF the parcel is still stuck in the US.
My concern is that it may have arrived in Auckland and may have been destroyed because Customs haven't advised they had it.

Davo

Ahi Ka - Well-Known Member
If a package is destroyed you will receive a letter promptly from customs as you have a 20day window in which you can apply for compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.