Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

infusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

On our Christmas alcohol run wife picked up some Jamaican Appleton Estate Rum...Id like to infuse just a few dominican leaves and see how that turns out . whats the best way to do it?

ArizonaDave

On our Christmas alcohol run wife picked up some Jamaican Appleton Estate Rum...Id like to infuse just a few dominican leaves and see how that turns out . whats the best way to do it?

I do this, and have done it. A container and a sponge works well. I keep them in one of my humidors, and the other is normal. Works great with vanilla extract too. Cognac is great too.

Smokin Harley

I do this, and have done it. A container and a sponge works well. I keep them in one of my humidors, and the other is normal. Works great with vanilla extract too. Cognac is great too.
Thanks Dave . sounds simple enough . Just doing two and letting them sit ...might try em next summer.

Smokin Harley

I did a paper towel folded down a few times and soaked it with the rum , then bagged it with a corner open slightly, put that bag to one side and two cigars on the other into a ziplock loose fold to separate and stored it . should be just enough to flavor ,and not over humidize .

ArizonaDave

I did a paper towel folded down a few times and soaked it with the rum , then bagged it with a corner open slightly, put that bag to one side and two cigars on the other into a ziplock loose fold to separate and stored it . should be just enough to flavor ,and not over humidize .

That might do the trick. A container for left overs can also work. The best is in a cedar cigar box over at least 2 months to 6 months. Drew estate does theirs for a year. Another good experiment was with Habanos with a bourbon. Haven't gotten into oils yet, but keep eyeing this page: http://shop.lorannoils.com/templates/group_ProductSelect.aspx?GroupGuid=3

Smokin Harley

I think/hope so , early in the summer I had bought some of the Sons of Anarchy Cigars ...rather disappointing flavor smokes as bought. I took the last two and put one in Captain Black original (white pouch) and the other in CB cherry cavendish just covered them in pipe tobacco...let them rest one month , when I took them out they smoked way better.

ArizonaDave

I think/hope so , early in the summer I had bought some of the Sons of Anarchy Cigars ...rather disappointing flavor smokes as bought. I took the last two and put one in Captain Black original (white pouch) and the other in CB cherry cavendish just covered them in pipe tobacco...let them rest one month , when I took them out they smoked way better.

That is definitely another way to infuse. Gdaddy rolls some of his Cigars with a pinch of pipe tobacco in them sometimes, and they are the fantastic. Another member used a pinch of Latakia at the tip of his Cigars. I've used some of Big Bohnner's one sucker and red tip in blends. My favorite regular at WLT is the Dark Air. It adds a rich raisin like scent, and gives other tobaccos a darker flavor.

I've tried a few alcohols, but have been preferring the regular tobacco taste lately. By summertime, I just might get into the oils for a change of pace.

Smokin Harley

I had to revisit this thread. Our local distillery now makes Coffee flavored rum...They took their light rum and put some Ethiopian coffee beans in it and let it steep a few days ...the result is out of this world. So , we're sitting over there the other day to try this coffee rum in a drink they call a Mayan Mocha...short tumbler of rum over ice and the rest is Italian Sweet (coffee) creamer with a dash of chocolate bitters. Wow... So they keep a tv screen with pictures scrolling slideshow and a pic of the owner is smoking a cigar in a few of them. My opportunity has now come ...I ask him (hes behind the bar making our drinks) what kind of cigars he smokes ...his answer "anything I can get a hold of" so I go into the fact I roll my own ,blah blah blah. Then I ask how he thinks itd turn out if I took some of his coffee rum and infused some nicaraguan, dominican, and cuban seed leaf blended cigars with it ...He says that sounds like a fantastic idea. So while hes intrigued at the whole tobacco and cigar rolling process I ask him if he has any bottle seals I could have to label these coffee rum infused stogies...He hands me 6 off the roll. Their name of the distillery is Tailwinds and theme is airplanes , think old prop style fighter war planes...Bearcats, Flying tigers, Corsair... With Taildragger being the name of their product. Their bottle seal is a propeller with a pinup girl on top of the center "prop hub" , and about the same exact size to fit on a 50 rg cigar . When I get them rolled out and done , I'll post pics.

waikikigun

Sounds awesome. Seems like it's a mystery how alcohols, coffees, and sweets will smell once lit on fire. Often great, sometimes poor.

Smokin Harley

yes thats true. I'm wondering though if I should spray only the binder and wrapper with the coffee rum, finish the cigars and pour the rum on and let set to dry out a month (i've read of people doing this to cheap cigars) or infuse and take up to 3 months ...

romanko

I tried my own infusion experiment using dark Cuban rum and shredded Del Gold leaf - put the shred in a jar and sat a shot glass 1/3 filled nestled in the middle - only took a few days for the tobacco to take on a nice rum aroma, seemed to improve the smoke too.

Status
Not open for further replies.