Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Introductions from Burien, Washington. Request your recommendations also

Franklyone

Just getting started rolling my own cigars. Can any of you recommend a good mister spray bottle? Where should I buy cigar glue and which type? Do you simply use kitchen trash bags to re-hydrate leaves? Would like to circumvent buying one item just to find out it doesn't work for cigar rolling.
Thanks.
Frank

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Check our Index of Key Forum Threads for topics that may interest you. It is linked in the menu bar.

I have used dollar store spray bottles, as well as more expensive ones with adjustable nozzles. It doesn't matter much. Cigar glue:

For rehydration, any non-scented bag will work, as will a plastic tote. I have used poly-nylon (vapor-proof) bags, gallon Ziploc bags, and cheap polyethylene bags. Vapor-proof is not really needed for rehydrating over 24-48 hours. Size and convenience is more important.

What you don't need is a tuck cutter, cigar mold and other traditional, factory tools. An inexpensive, bamboo cutting board from Walmart will last for decades. A generous-size cigar cutter with guillotine blade serves well to cut the tuck. Any curved, sharp blade can serve as a chaveta.

Good luck on your new addiction (rolling cigars). Do post a photo of your first (and later) cigars in our Pics of Your Sticks thread. It usually takes only about 10 free-hand cigars to reliably roll one with a good draw. Beauty comes later.

Bob

GreenDragon

Welcome! Fair warning, this hobby can become an obsession. As Bob mentioned, you only need a cutting board, a blade (A chef's knife or other sharp knife), scissors, a sprayer, and some glue. I went to the hardware store and purchased various sizes of copper pipe fittings to use as cap cutters. While you're there, grab a spray bottle from the cleaning isle. If you don't want to mess with caps just make pig-tails - totally acceptable and easier. If you have trouble finding glue, just make your own with starch and water. I've used both corn starch and tapioca starch with success. Just mix with cold water and pop in the microwave and boil. Instant snot glue.

I highly recommend getting a blend kit(s) from WLT (link in banner above). Come with fillers, binders, and wrappers, and even some glue to get you started. There are tons of threads and video's in the Key Forum Threads link at the top of the page to get you started. And, of course, we are all here to help you out as needed. Have fun and welcome to the hobby!

FrostD

Welcome! Definitely post pics and ask questions along the way. Most questions that do come up are typically in the Index of Key Forum Threads. I know I’ve had to check it for 1 topic, then go back later to check it for something else….many times. Lol. Lots of great minds and very welcoming community here. Looking forward to seeing pics of the sticks you roll up!