Whole Leaf Tobacco

Is there interest Manufacturer Grade Cigar Molds

Would you be interested in a cigar mold like this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmaxB

I am posting this to see how many might have an interest in having a mold of this type.
Please PM me with your response, use the Poll.... if I get it working, or comment here.
Mold 02.JPG..Mold 03.JPG
Mold_S_View.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I would want a small gauge, somewhere between 36 and 44. So you finally found a source? What pricing range are you looking at? A really cool thing that could be done with plastics is start with a large ring gauge mold and have inserts to go to smaller sizes/shapes. One mold with a set of different inserts could give a person options and keep the price down compared to several mold sizes.

I love the way those fit together.

AmaxB

No no cost am just looking to see if there is a real interest among the group here. I could have different styles and sizes the molds are nice and fit very well. The mold is a traditional style so I am not sure inserts to reduce a size would work out so well. I'm currently looking at Toro, Robusto, and Churchill

jekylnz

I think plastic would be better over wood as they would last a lifetime or 2..or 3.. .good on you Brent for being the one to try make them accessible to the home grower/roller

AmaxB

I should know more in the next few days Todd if the price point can be more reasonable I am fairly sure Don will list them. I know they will be on my site when ever I get it done, again it is cost dependent.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I am a panatela and cigatela (cig size) And I hand roll both by hand. I however agree with Knucklehead, I would with three of the smallest sizes with panatela as the largest. Dont want to look to important.LOL
Price I think I would be comfortable paying would be; 60 to 65 bucks USD per mould and inserts at 6-8 per turd for sizes that would fit the mould.
My son came by tonight and asked me to roll him a cigatela ,so I did. I used a 5 dollar bill and a dab of real vanilla with a rub of clover honey to stick. I held it in the hand for 5 or 6 min. and cliped the tip. Told Him to fire it up. (could have used the mould). He would pay the price if it were offered as I would. I love a cigar at work and a cigatela would be perfect-- and a panatela after work to enjoy. PS: I used Boboro's baccy for the son. HE SAID AWSOME WORK FOLKS and THANK YOU. I vote yes

AmaxB

Interested in robusto.
The photo in post #1 is a Robusto rainmax.
These are sizes I am looking at:
Churchill, Normal Size: 7 x 47

Corona Grande 6 + ⅛ x 42

Corona – 5½” x 42

Robusto 5 x 50

Toro 50 x 6”

Penetela Small 33 x 5”

In the case of a cigar style shape / size that is of the same ring size but a different length I will get that with the longer length to stock in inventory.
By the end of the coming week I should have some orders in (I am still working on cost with the manufacture) and will start stocking these molds.

DGBAMA

Would it be possible to have a single mould with multiple sizes, eg 15 places, 5 of each of 3 popular sizes? I would be interested in something like this. May appeal more to folks who do not make quantities of cigars at a single sitting.

AmaxB

I've seen these single molds around around
would be more practical if it were more than one.

I just made a listing on ebay for a plastic mold will be live in about 10 to 20 minutes I'll post a link here when it is...