Whole Leaf Tobacco

Just filling tubes.

pottsS

I just thought I would share how I fill tubes and finish cigarettes after I process my whole leaf tobacco. I have both the Powermatic 2 and the Powermatic 3 injectors. The PM3 is finicky about the cut and moisture of the tobacco but once you have it right the PM3 really gets the job done. I made the finisher myself...I wasn't sure it was equipment worth investing in...but what I made is pretty simple and pretty effective and I don't think I would want to be without a finisher. I hope the link to the video works, I'm not much good at this!
https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media?thread_id=100013966533491&attachment_id=145060727453703&message_id=mid.$cAAAABTKADVx92JMrn13py5RNcNq0

Last edited:

ChinaVoodoo

I just thought I would share how I fill tubes and finish cigarettes after I process my whole leaf tobacco. I have both the Powermatic 2 and the Powermatic 3 injectors. The PM3 is finicky about the cut and moisture of the tobacco but once you have it right the PM3 really gets the job done. I made the finisher myself...I wasn't sure it was equipment worth investing in...but what I made is pretty simple and pretty effective and I don't think I would want to be without a finisher. I hope the link to the video works, I'm not much good at this!
https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media?thread_id=100013966533491&attachment_id=145060727453703&message_id=mid.$cAAAABTKADVx92JMrn13py5RNcNq0
I can't see it as I'm not on Facebook.

pottsS

@pottsS more details on the finisher please. Does it cut them? With what blade. I like the idea alot
It just creases the paper in...I cut the blades off and just drilled a dish with a 5/8" bit...I had to do a little rewiring to have a push button start. I just copied cigarette finishers I had seen for sale on the internet really. I wasn't sure at the time if it was something I would use...but I do like to use it, it rolls the tube in nicely, packs the end and keeps the cigarette from losing crumbs.

Ozzy

I used to have the top-o-matic with the big crank handle but it was capricious with the tobacco humidity. Before I quit smoking, I was using instead the manual tube filler, that way I had better control on the cigarette pressure tightness. As for finishing, I would do the good ol' bang the cigarette case a few times and that would do. Plus I used to like a good Cavendish or Cherry tobacco cigarette and it was so easy to make them in the manual tube filler, my top-o-matic will get stuck with the different humidity and give me half full tubes (usually the next to the filter end).