Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Just filling tubes.

pottsS

I just thought I would share how I fill tubes and finish cigarettes after I process my whole leaf tobacco. I have both the Powermatic 2 and the Powermatic 3 injectors. The PM3 is finicky about the cut and moisture of the tobacco but once you have it right the PM3 really gets the job done. I made the finisher myself...I wasn't sure it was equipment worth investing in...but what I made is pretty simple and pretty effective and I don't think I would want to be without a finisher. I hope the link to the video works, I'm not much good at this!
https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media?thread_id=100013966533491&attachment_id=145060727453703&message_id=mid.$cAAAABTKADVx92JMrn13py5RNcNq0

Last edited:

ChinaVoodoo

I just thought I would share how I fill tubes and finish cigarettes after I process my whole leaf tobacco. I have both the Powermatic 2 and the Powermatic 3 injectors. The PM3 is finicky about the cut and moisture of the tobacco but once you have it right the PM3 really gets the job done. I made the finisher myself...I wasn't sure it was equipment worth investing in...but what I made is pretty simple and pretty effective and I don't think I would want to be without a finisher. I hope the link to the video works, I'm not much good at this!
https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media?thread_id=100013966533491&attachment_id=145060727453703&message_id=mid.$cAAAABTKADVx92JMrn13py5RNcNq0
I can't see it as I'm not on Facebook.

pottsS

@pottsS more details on the finisher please. Does it cut them? With what blade. I like the idea alot
It just creases the paper in...I cut the blades off and just drilled a dish with a 5/8" bit...I had to do a little rewiring to have a push button start. I just copied cigarette finishers I had seen for sale on the internet really. I wasn't sure at the time if it was something I would use...but I do like to use it, it rolls the tube in nicely, packs the end and keeps the cigarette from losing crumbs.

Ozzy

I used to have the top-o-matic with the big crank handle but it was capricious with the tobacco humidity. Before I quit smoking, I was using instead the manual tube filler, that way I had better control on the cigarette pressure tightness. As for finishing, I would do the good ol' bang the cigarette case a few times and that would do. Plus I used to like a good Cavendish or Cherry tobacco cigarette and it was so easy to make them in the manual tube filler, my top-o-matic will get stuck with the different humidity and give me half full tubes (usually the next to the filter end).

pottsS

I came across this video...this guy has come up with a "fix" to solve the issue of the PM3 over packing. When I started using the PM3 I struggled with the issue, I made a few cigarettes that you could hardly draw through and lasted like a cigar. I even took the top off to see if I could adjust anything inside! Eventually I found out that if my shred is right and the tobacco is dry it fills the tubes nicely every time, but then again I just use one type of leaf (virginia) and it has pretty good elasticity and rebound and just naturally makes a good tobacco to fill tubes with. If I decided to use something more exotic in a blend that might change the way the pm3 fills the tubes. So anyways the video doesn't show me anything I'll likely use, but what does fascinate me and give me hope is that the counter on that machine he is using is up over 114,000.(he shows it about 2min 30 s into the video. That is over 570 cartons of cigarettes! My injector with just over 20,000 is new in comparison.
View: https://youtu.be/2djp1DnIuBs?t=141