Whole Leaf Tobacco

Leaf Delivery

tullius

marc, the pack of WLT coro osc wrapper I got very recently is really nice. Compared to sumatra it's thick, super supple, stretchy and very strong. Very pretty, combusts fine and tastes great. Thought you already had some of this from your pics, but maybe I'm wrong.

b, I hope you finally got some good coro osc wrap. If not, I'll trade you a tested good pack for one of those molds in the background. ;) I'm pretty sure they're not for trade or sale, but if you don't ask you never get... working without a mold right now.

Also, let us know what you think here on the flavors of what you got. 2 packs of nic habano seco: already have some good experience with that?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Waikikigun, you need to practice taking video of children opening Christmas presents. We can't see the expressions on your face!

I have to admit that there are few moments in ordinary life that are more delightful than patiently opening a carton from WLT. While Don is just shipping merchandise, we get to pry open the cardboard, and discover promise.

Bob

waikikigun

marc, the pack of WLT coro osc wrapper I got very recently is really nice. Compared to sumatra it's thick, super supple, stretchy and very strong. Very pretty, combusts fine and tastes great. Thought you already had some of this from your pics, but maybe I'm wrong.

b, I hope you finally got some good coro osc wrap. If not, I'll trade you a tested good pack for one of those molds in the background. ;) I'm pretty sure they're not for trade or sale, but if you don't ask you never get... working without a mold right now.

Also, let us know what you think here on the flavors of what you got. 2 packs of nic habano seco: already have some good experience with that?
Yeah, I'll keep that offer in mind. Although I'll admit somehow a mold seems to hold its value a lot longer than a bag of leaf. ;)

I'll let ya know how that leaf is, if I can figure it out. All those things were good in earlier crops, then lost their way and got replaced by the new hot things. Now I'm making a speculative and risky purchase of stuff from new crops. It'll either be good times or money out the window on the highway outta Flavorville.

Same goes for that Habano seco. The 2011 crop was one of those rare gold leaves; the 2013 had its charms. Who knows what joys or evils this 2015 will bring. When this leaf is on, it's my favorite binder, and at least I can say the quality and size of this batch guarantees a fair amount of corona-sized binders. I also use it as filler. Therefore I doubled-up the risk on an unknown SKU. It'll either be a brilliant shipping-cost-reduction maneuver or a foolish waste of more dough on an unnecessary gamble.

Yesterday I smoked a brilliant robusto from one of my many boxes of home-rolls. It was from a one-year period where I stopped keeping any notes on blends. At first I felt sad that I had no clue what the ingredients were (other than the 24 or so tobaccos I knew I had on-hand during that year). Then I reminded myself that I'd never be able to score those exact ingredients again anyway, and I'd only have gone crazy (and broke) trying to replicate it to no avail. So all good, nice to get a score. Now we move on.

waikikigun

Waikikigun, you need to practice taking video of children opening Christmas presents. We can't see the expressions on your face!

I have to admit that there are few moments in ordinary life that are more delightful than patiently opening a carton from WLT. While Don is just shipping merchandise, we get to pry open the cardboard, and discover promise.

Bob
Imagine what you know of my face, now add fear and trepidation.