Whole Leaf Tobacco

Lemon-lemon Rustica

Levi Gross

In my 2018 grow I planted some seeds of a variety of N. Rustica sent to me by @Hasse SWE called Lemon-lemon. I grew them out with little effort or care and let them go to seed. In turn they were harvested in like fashion. This tobacco has got my interest now for sure! One day a few weeks ago when all my tobacco was in order I pulled these plants down, removed all the seed heads and stripped the stalks placing a very large bunch of leaves into a mason jar and capped it off. Keep in mind I noticed nothing special about the leaf as yet with the exception of noticing how beautifully these plants color cured to a light golden brown. About a week ago I placed this jar into my kiln at 128 Fahrenheit and there it sat until I shut the kiln down to stabilize some leaf that had been openly curing for a month. I decided to leave it shut down for a while and just play with what I have. Which led me to bringing this jar inside along with some others after only a weeks time in the kiln. When I opened the jar of Lemon-lemon I was immediately transported to pure tobacco bliss. It’s aroma carries it’s names and a whole lot more. This is the sweetest fruitiest most heavenly N. Rustica I have ever had the privilege of consuming. I rolled a cigarette and smoked it this evening and once again was impressed beyond reason. Very tasty and light nothing harsh, good clean ash, and the nicotine really seems to be there. I wish we had a button that could share the wonderful aromas of our Tobacco because this is one for the books. If anyone has any history or information about this strain please let me know. This Rustica is a winner!!

ChinaVoodoo

Nice review.
I tried mildly kilned rustica for the first time(s) recently. It smells like flowers, and it's mild to smoke. I need to amp up the kiln a bit and run it some more, though.