Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Login creds still wonky

waikikigun

For me there is still something wonky with the WLT website. As Don knows, a few days ago while trying to place an order I had an issue with the credentials I've been using for years, and which were stored in my various browser apps. It said, variously, that my email addy was not recognized or that my password was incorrect. This happened a day before Don mentioned the host issue.

In order to get my order in I just created a new account.

Now that new account no longer works.

I'm not a doddering fool with web/tech issues. I work in IT. So at least in my case the problem is real, pre- and post- site migration. Not saying it's at your end, just saying the problem exists for me.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Same happened to me a couple of days ago and I registered again. It wasn’t a big deal but it may be helpful for Don to be aware of it.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
sticky thread for members to report their issues with the website?
Done.

tullius

How do we view these sticky threads in the current forum? No problems with my login creds, but I don't see how to view "sticky" threads. Probably something stupid easy on my part

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
"Stuck" threads appear at the top of their respective forum listings, for example:

StuckThreads_600.jpg

"Sticking" a thread prevents it from scrolling into oblivion if there are no recent posts to it.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
There are all kinds of inexplicable widgets and fidgets in this forum software. Some are visible only to moderators, some to everybody. It's hard for me to tell the difference. Just this morning, I discovered another function that's been here all along. I am one of the 13 people on Earth who always takes the time to RTFM. But this forum software has no real manual. So we enjoy continued discovery.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The manual(s) for each and every piece of software used to be shipped with the floppies/CD/DVD. They tended to be massive, 3-inch thick piles of boredom. But I read them, and still keep them. (The help keep my old farmhouse from tipping over in the wind.) Now, these essential components of new software and gadgets tend to be about four pages, most of the content of which is translation in 17 different languages of the 6 column inches of English instruction, which in turn was translated from the original Mandarin.

Garden20220626_6487_oldMicrosoftManuals_600.jpg

I have a little flip phone (Nokia). Nowhere, in printed material or on-line, is there any statement of what compatible replacement battery should be purchased. And I occasionally trigger the phone to perform a new function that exists nowhere in their documentation. Maybe they know at Hogwart's Academy. We've traveled from way too much useless verbiage into a realm of way too little essential information.

Bob