Whole Leaf Tobacco

looking to make a brickhouse clone cigar

Mark Paterick

What types of tobacco should I use to try to make a brickhouse clone? I know its nicaraguan thas about it. Im looking for a blend to make a maduro and regular brickhouse.

I am also interested in making a casa magna clone also if anyone can help with that.

Thanks
Mark

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. Other members may be able to offer some hints about cloning particular cigar blends.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I was just looking at the descriptions on jrcigar. The Maduro apparently uses an Arapiraca wrapper. (WLT no longer has it in stock). The standard Brick House is described as having a "rare" Havana Subido wrapper. This is "rare", because it is a made-up name, and is likely a proprietary leaf. Both list only Nicaragua as the filler, so that is likely a Nicaragua Habano leaf blended in a variety of primings (seco, viso, ligero).

You might try the WLT "Oscuro y Rico" blend kit:
Bob

Snowblithe

I was just looking at the descriptions on jrcigar. The Maduro apparently uses an Arapiraca wrapper. (WLT no longer has it in stock). The standard Brick House is described as having a "rare" Havana Subido wrapper. This is "rare", because it is a made-up name, and is likely a proprietary leaf. Both list only Nicaragua as the filler, so that is likely a Nicaragua Habano leaf blended in a variety of primings (seco, viso, ligero).

You might try the WLT "Oscuro y Rico" blend kit:
Bob
You beat me to it! I was going to say that this kit tastes reeeeeeally close to the brick house sticks, but a hair more full bodied. The kit I got did not have maduro in it, it was Nic. rosado so maybe @Mark Paterick send an email before you order if you're not going bulk to see what wrapper is going in... But really, the earthy, cedary, sweet spicy, hint of leather: very close indeed.

Snowblithe

As for the casa magna, I think using a similar blend but just upping the ligero and using a touch more of whatever tobacco you have that is pepperiest would get you close...