Whole Leaf Tobacco

Mad Farmers 2020 Grow Blog (first time grow)

MadFarmer

The first freeze is on the way. I have four primed leaves hanging in the garage. I'm debating whether to harvest the whole plant or bring it inside for a few nights. Every low in the ten day is in the 30's. I think I just answered my own question.

MadFarmer

Smoked my final puro this morning. Comstock Spanish took a little longer to rest than the others. It was tasty and burned well after a re-light. Little Dutch was as good as everyone on the forum claims, the aroma took me back to shopping malls before they banned smoking (in a good way.) The vuelta abajo surprised me, not with flavor, but with the body of the smoke. It had a slightly heavier mouth feel than the other two. I can see why it blends well.

Attachments

MadFarmer

IMG_20201211_230303043.jpg
There it is, the end of my 2020 growing season. I jumped the gun, could've left this out until Christmas - or later and will do so intentionally next season. I'll post an end of year report soon. I started bed prep for next season back in October and have a draft of my order to Skychaser in the queue.