Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Microwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muggs

Banned
You want to try your baccer.take a leaf.pull the midrib out an microwave until dry.
W O W!!
Why this works I'd dont know
But it's so satisfying

Charly

@Muggs : Could you be more explicit ?

Are you talking about color curing ? Did you find a reaaaaaaally fast way of color curing your leaves ? :rolleyes:
Or are you talking about something else ?

Muggs

Banned
Will speed curing :oops:.but it sure smokes good.i see :alien: leaves.
I wouldnt do a hole batch that way.but for a instant smoke does the job:geek:

ChinaVoodoo

I have used a microwave to dry out tobacco. It works really fast. 7 to 10 seconds at a time, pull it out, and stir it to let the steam out, repeat. I have had suspicion that it was somehow changing the tobacco. This is probably something like toasting.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Will speed curing. but it sure smokes good. i see :alien: leaves.
What variety of leaf are you talking about? Is it green? Is it already color-cured?

A microwave excites the water molecules, so I would expect something of an uneven Cavendish effect. Nothing about the process relates to curing.

Bob

Muggs

Banned
@Muggs : Could you be more explicit ?

Are you talking about color curing ? Did you find a reaaaaaaally fast way of color curing your leaves ? :rolleyes:
Or are you talking about something else ?
I mean when you put the Baccer in the Microwave it has to be wet not sopping.DO NOT PUT THE MID RIB IN THE MICROWAVE.just the leave.an nuke the leaf until
I have used a microwave to dry out tobacco. It works really fast. 7 to 10 seconds at a time, pull it out, and stir it to let the steam out, repeat. I have had suspicion that it was somehow changing the tobacco. This is probably something like toasting.
I have tried cured Burley In the Microwave,didnt help it at all.

Muggs

Banned
What variety of leaf are you talking about? Is it green? Is it already color-cured?

A microwave excites the water molecules, so I would expect something of an uneven Cavendish effect. Nothing about the process relates to curing.

Bob
I used the top leaf off a Gold Leaf.which is a Virginia.tried burley that didnt help that.

Muggs

Banned
Will I misted that Golden Leaf tobacco
With Vodka an Vanilla, the imitation vanilla has propylene glycol in it.its been sitting for a little over all month.
An it turned out to be a nice Smoke.

Plynx

I just tried this with some "mud cured" leaves off the bottom of my plants (Virginia Gold). They were cured to a uniform light yellow on the ground.

Man it was a good tasting smoke! Im amazed, so much better then any commercial cigarette and my first taste of home grown tobacco! If just microwaved sand lugs are this good I cant wait till I harvest and get a bit of age on my crop. Will defenitely toast a portion of my harvest when its ready as I believe that should get a resemblance to the microwaved stuff, probably better.

Muggs

Banned
You know,I have had this Golden Virginia tobacco sitting in a box for three months.
Have only misted it with water here an there.
I tried some yesterday an man was that a good smoke.now I have had GV in a Mason Jar for 1 months an it has that bitter after taste
? Why did just letting the GV sit in a box, do better than my attempt to ferment it

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe the leaf in the box has not been subjected to experimental casings and cookings. So it aged using its own enzymes. The other stuff...who knows?

Bob

Plynx

You know,I have had this Golden Virginia tobacco sitting in a box for three months.
Have only misted it with water here an there.
I tried some yesterday an man was that a good smoke.now I have had GV in a Mason Jar for 1 months an it has that bitter after taste
? Why did just letting the GV sit in a box, do better than my attempt to ferment it
Interesting I have a mason jar of colour cured leaf in the top of my hot water cylinder cupboard that I was trying out as an experiment, again just yellowed bottom leaves that I have air cured to brown and chucked in the jar, the currently smell like raisins and bleach which I guess is the ammonia, I plan on trying them when the smell of typical tobacco starts to come through.

Muggs

Banned
Interesting I have a mason jar of colour cured leaf in the top of my hot water cylinder cupboard that I was trying out as an experiment, again just yellowed bottom leaves that I have air cured to brown and chucked in the jar, the currently smell like raisins and bleach which I guess is the ammonia, I plan on trying them when the smell of typical tobacco starts to come through.
It does seem to Ferment faster.i just pulled some out to try it,will it's no Marlboro.but it'll do.this has only been in the Mason for a week.

Muggs

Banned
Seems to me,just letting the tobacco just age over time is the best.
I'm always trying to learn how to do things when there's no utilities
But as I have said I think just let the tobacco sit for 3 maybe 6 mths then ferment it for another 2 mth will do for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.