Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Modern "Expensive" Cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobGuy

There was a recent discussion started as a tangent on another thread about the quality and price of today's more costly and / or "boutique" cigars.

This last week, I sampled two different sticks in the $10-$12 range and was a little let down. (Steve Saka "Sobremesa" and Artesano del Tobacco / AJ Fernandez "Viva la Vida")

It had never occurred to me that, as a fairly new roller, my sticks were comparing to this level ... but they are.

What would you say is the current "price point" of a cigar that might compare to your own hand-rolls?

~Darin

drinkthekoolaid

Ha, as I read this I am having one of your sticks. Damn good I might say! I wait for main stream sticks to go out of style once pushed out by the New releases of the month. Grab them online for $1.74-$4.00 a stick. Depends on how quick the online sellers want to move their old inventory.

I don't play the "lifestyle" game. I play the I'm broke but love tobacco game!

1564333223107372879846.jpg

drinkthekoolaid

Its like a love child between an LFD Liergo and a Drew Estate MUWAT. This Liergo is smoother then then LFD's but still has that euphoric punch to it. I can feel the Nic rush and in the back of my throat.
I can retrohaul it without burning up my face.
There is this very lite "tang" that i can't put into words but a love the after taste.

I'm at the nub now without no bitterness(rare) and this thing burned perfect (better then LFDs) without falling apart. Props to Steve for a well rolled Cigar! I think I need to "sponser" his next WLT order. I need to butter him up!

Do you think this being so simple lets the Ligero "shine" through more? Also how does this Ligero burn so well?

15643365037981570311295.jpg

CobGuy

My thinking is, when it's all Ligero, it all burns at a similar rate without any faster burning leaf to compete with ... could be completely wrong!
Also, the Besuki seems to be a great complement to Ligero and accents the finer points in the flavor.
Lastly, in the ones that Steve sent me, he used a very light misting of Rum which gave an exceptional aroma without affecting the flavor.

~Darin

MarcL

There was a recent discussion started as a tangent on another thread about the quality and price of today's more costly and / or "boutique" cigars.

This last week, I sampled two different sticks in the $10-$12 range and was a little let down. (Steve Saka "Sobremesa" and Artesano del Tobacco / AJ Fernandez "Viva la Vida")

It had never occurred to me that, as a fairly new roller, my sticks were comparing to this level ... but they are.

What would you say is the current "price point" of a cigar that might compare to your own hand-rolls?

~Darin

Priceless.

ChinaVoodoo

I regularly smoke a wide variety of commercial cigars in the eighteen to twenty-eight Canadian dollar range. For me, I do it because of the location, an indoor place where I can regularly socialize and smoke with friends and acquaintances. I never buy these cigars and take them home. Although I wouldn't know how to match their flavour profiles, I can easily match any of their quality at home with WLT tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.