Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

MRM's first grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

Looks great. Not to quibble about terms, but maturity is the point where a plant develops to the point of gaining the ability to ripen without further growth. Ripening is the actual process of changing color and internal chemistry. So what you have there is more specifically signs of ripening, not maturation.

MRM

Looks great. Not to quibble about terms, but maturity is the point where a plant develops to the point of gaining the ability to ripen without further growth. Ripening is the actual process of changing color and internal chemistry. So what you have there is more specifically signs of ripening, not maturation.
Thank you. I did mis-speak or type.
Ripening it is.
I figure there is still a little way left to go, it's just me being a little tickled watching all the things that occur during growth.
Here's a pic of both pots and part of the garden.20200619_191131.jpg20200619_190931.jpg

MRM

Your tobacco looks not only healthy, but also respectable. No room for the neighbors to grumble there.

Bob
Thank you !
My neighbor 30yds from that patch is really tickled watching it grow.
I just told him what it was last week. He said he had tried and tried to figure it out. Said it is really pretty and they are nice looking plants and his wife loves the French marigolds and sunflowers.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
How close is priming ? This is Cherry Red

These are Lancaster seed leaf. I would like to stalk harvest these.
Cherry Red is a flue-cure variety, so I would wait for leaves that are actually yellow. For the Lancaster, when the top leaf begins to resemble the rugose texture of the bottom leaf shown in the last photo, then it's time to stalk harvest. If the lowest leaf is becoming tattered, then just prime those.

Bob

MRM

Cherry Red is a flue-cure variety, so I would wait for leaves that are actually yellow. For the Lancaster, when the top leaf begins to resemble the rugose texture of the bottom leaf shown in the last photo, then it's time to stalk harvest. If the lowest leaf is becoming tattered, then just prime those.

Bob
Thanks Bob,
I was figuring I still had a lil bit, wanted to double check.
Thats why I took the last photo - I thought that leaf made a good example.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Don't look friendly to me kill it before it bites you when you havest. Your baccy is looking real nice, do enjoy it.
Cheers
Oldfella
Don‘t shoot its a friendly. :D Hornworm killer.

Oldfella

Sorry, sorry, we don't have those ones. Please appologize to the wasp for me.
Cheers
Oldfella

Oldfella

Sorry some more. I just had a read the piece in your post on the hornworm killer. Haven't seen those either. Here is a quote from it.
"Many times these insects look strange or dangerous, and they are mistaken for pests and killed."

Cheers
Oldfella

Status
Not open for further replies.