Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My hunting buddy's deer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I've had bad luck with Simmons, even on a light kicking 25-06. I suggested the used Leupolds on ebay cause I've had zero failures with them and they're the only company that you can buy used and still have a warranty. They don't care if you bought it new or at a yard sale. If they made it they'll fix it. It's the only warranty like that in the scope industry. Every other company requires the original sales receipt before they'll honor the warranty. And buying used, anyone can afford a Leupold.

By the way that's a Remington Classic in .300 Mag. in the picture. It has a used Leupold on it and it's been holding up great. Never had to rezero once it was sighted in. He traded his neighbors horse for it. Can you believe the luck of this guy. His neighbor couldn't even give his horse away and he told Jeremy to try and give it away for him. Jeremy traded it for that rifle.

DrBob

Founding Member
Burris is very good about warranty too. I have a burris fullfield 3x9 gloss black I will sell for 60% of street price of new. If anyone is interesteed pm me

BarG

Founding Member
Thats a good buck .
Is that a 7mm mag ruger ?
I have one that my son uses to hunt with and now I can't get it back . I think I may just have to kick his butt and take it away from him .
The 7mm was my favorite gun to hunt with . I now use a 30-06 .
The worst mistake I ever made was selling mine. One of the best shooters I ever owned.

Southern Planter

Quite a while, we hit him with a .357 mag, then the pastor slit his throat with a carbon V knife as sharp as a light saber, He wiggled maybe 10-15 minutes after that. But the nearest tree was too far away. I'm guessing 15 min. Then we gutted him, stuffed a bag of ice in the cavity and off to a friend who had grinder. The little bugger got shot about sundown, and we skinned, butchered, ground and packaged him by midnight.

BarG

Founding Member
AHH the good old days. I have so much hogwire at surrounding propertys I went from 42 hogs a year to none.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
We don't have any wild pigs around here yet. From what I hear, I hope we don't get them. The coyotes they reintroduced around here are bad enough.

BarG

Founding Member
i gotta friends friend got his arm broke dropping down a buck with his knife. Buck laughed his ass off.

BarG

Founding Member
Don't try to understand them, just rope throw and brand them. And wonder where your next baccy plug is coming from.

BarG

Founding Member
Do you hang pork in a cooler?
I quarter and let set in a cooler on ice for 4 days. I separate any roasts I want to save from hind quarters and clean for ready to cook. Front quarters that arenet saved whole are deboned and all rib and belly meats are ground for sausage. Yum! Pork butts are a save.Big smiley face licking my chops. Backstraps and tenderloins ?

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I cut mine up and put on ice as soon as I get em. Never had a wild taste. Nice deer ( good trade- a horse for a deer) and some.Goin salmon snagin for land locks (sock eye), on the Chama river here in New Mexico.

BarG

Founding Member
I have a 3 day weekend with a cold front blowing through dropping into the 30's finaly when I can be in the woods..

BarG

Founding Member
Do you hang pork in a cooler?

I age all my big game iced down in a big cooler for several days. Not in bags just keep any melted ice store bought drained once a day and kept iced with freezer jugs. Any plastic jug that holds water. In my climate you cant hang to age with the inconsistant weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.