Whole Leaf Tobacco

N.Z. Tobacco Growers: Seeds

tommayo88

Howdy New Zelanders

Tom here, based in Wellington. Looking for any varieties you might be growing currently. I have been growing a unkown variety of Nicotiana tabacum this past year from whangarei via Trademe. Really want to grow something with verified provenance, so if you have any seed that I could send I'd be indebted!

All the best for the isolation!
Cheers
Tom

clandesdiner

Hi I haven't grown any tobacco before- looking for some seeds suitable for pipe tobacco. Sorry got none to swap-yet, any help greatly appreciated. I.m in the Coromandel.

clandesdiner

That sounds grand, thanks.
Hi Tom,

I've been growing Virginia Gold for years and have some sturdy plants that I seed every year if you are interested?
I also have some Turkish tobacco, Connecticut bread leaf and might have a little Dutch variety lying around somewhere.
Cheers Steve
Hi Tom, do you have any spare seeeds. I'm more than happy to pay. Jim

Deano

Hi Tom,

I've been growing Virginia Gold for years and have some sturdy plants that I seed every year if you are interested?
I also have some Turkish tobacco, Connecticut bread leaf and might have a little Dutch variety lying around somewhere.
Cheers Steve
Hello mate, I'd be keen to get some seeds from you?

tommayo88

haha us three seem to be in the same boat, I can send you some of the un named variety that I have but I'm afraid I have not had more response from folks. If you PM me you addresses I can send your through what I have, enough to get some stock plants started to collect your own seed from. I can send it when lvl 3 kicks in. Cheers

tommayo88

Davo

I have burley and Virginia gold seeds grown in Tauranga. However I can’t be anymore specific than that as I don’t have the exact details sorry. Any kiwis got mahogany burley seeds? Now that’s the good stuff lol