Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Need advice on lighting for basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

We put lvp in the basement hall, and currently there is not very bright cfls that are kinda yellow. It makes the floor look sickly. Should I switch to bright white lights? The lvp is something like this, except just grey, and the walls are a very pale yellow.lvp-new-holland-transport-web-september-1-2018-dandsflooring-min.jpg

Traveling Piper

Maybe the pale yellow walls are accentuating the yellowness of the lighting and contributing to the “sickliness” of your floors. We are using a matched colour called Brushed Aluminum by Benjamin Moore a lot and we love it. I’d use it solely if we could only have one. But painting might not be an option. In that case, the upgrade in lighting may help, but it’s hard for me to say. Good luck!

GreenDragon

You probably bought "warm" cpfl bulbs, which provide a spectrum shifted towards yellow. Replace them with "cool" cpfl's which will be more blue shifted.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
A softer light is easier on the pineal gland, and less disruptive of your body's diurnal rhythm. You might consider a brighter light that is dimmable, and putting dimmers in the switch(es).

Bob

DGBAMA

Famliarize yourself with "color temperature" it is probably the most consistent measurement of how light appears visually reguardless of bulb type.

Lower numbers are more yellow. Higher numbers are more white. Beyond 6000k light takes on a bluish unnaturally bright color. "Daylight" is around 5500k.

Status
Not open for further replies.