Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Need some advice on curing techniques

mattfarm

Hello, I'm planning on flue curing some Virginia and air curing some than pressing them into a block and holding them in my curing chamber for a week @ 127f. After a week I will cut it into coarse ribbon for blending later. I'm just wondering if this seems like a viable Idea?

I am also growing burley, my plan is to pile color cure to yellow, than hang dry to brown, after that return to medium case and place them in my curing chamber @ 127f for 1 month. After that I want to take half and press into a block and vacuum seal it with no oxygen and place in a sous vide water bath for 2 weeks @ 128f for a short anaerobic ferment. How does this process sound?

Lastly I'm also growing some Turkish Samsun and was wondering how I can cure it? My region is very dry like 15-20% RH and hot near the end of summer. Can I pile to color cure and than air dry and cure in my chamber for a month or should I flue cure it.

Cheers, Matt

wruk53

Regarding your Samson: Don't pick the leaves until they have begun to yellow on the plant. Then, either box cure them between sheets of newspaper in a box or in a covered pile. It should only take 2 or 3 days to color cure if they were somewhat ripe when picked. Unpack them daily and pull the yellowed ones and dry them by hanging, sun curing or your method of choice. Works great when the humidity is low. Good luck!

Knucklehead

Founding Member