Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Grower from MD

What’s up guys,

Im new to the growing scene for tobacco! Any pointers or tips, i greatly appreciate it! As a big cigar smoker/influencer, i figured i should try a tobacco crop. My father and grandfather both worked in tobacco fields in N. Florida back in the day. I’m lookinh forward to this journey. I’m currently germinating Criollo ‘98. My soil composition is similar to my mixtures that I’ve done for my vegetable and fruit gardens in the past. It consists of horse manure compost 35%, black top soil 40 %, and peat moss 25%.

GreenDragon

Welcome! This is a fun and addicting hobby. There is a wealth of information to be had here and lots of experienced growers for advice. First, however, mosey over to the "Key Forum Threads" section in the top banner and peruse the offerings. Almost every question a new grower may have can be answered there.

What other varieties are you planning on growing this year?

yes! I was thinking about that after the fact. I’m going to test the nitrogen level prior to planting in it. The manure is has been composting for over a year so I’m thinkinh the worms have broken it down quite a bit. I’ll let you know how it goes