Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Guy - Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipe7

I'm just getting into growing. I'm located in Zone 7, Southern PA, practically Maryland. Looking forward to learning from all of you. Is it too late to get some seedlings going and plant this season? With approximately 8 weeks to germinate and get them started, I'd be planting in early to mid June. Is that possible or am I too far behind for this year? Looking at TN 86, VA Bright Leaf, and Black Sea Samsun. Thank you.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. You would have sufficient time for plants started now to produce a harvest. Making seed might be a close call. (One possibility is to visit--if permitted now--some of the tobacco farms around Lancaster, and see if they would sell you some ready transplants. )

Bob

GreenDragon

Hey New Guy from PA! Welcome to the forum :)

I assume that you are into pipe tobacco from your user name. There is plenty of info here on growing and blending. We have a great time here.

Steve

Charly

Welcome to FTT,
I think you are not too late, but as Bob said, you might have difficulties to save seeds for some of these strains (they mature and produce seeds late).
Good luck with your first grow ;)

MNorden

Welcome from Nova Scotia!!! There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who have a wealth of information in these areas!! I am interested in the growing process as well so I will be following your progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.