Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New here, suggestions on what type of strain seeds to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sago

Hey guys May is coming up and looking forward to growing tobacco along with my tomatoes. This isn'I know tobacco takes all the nutrients out so I'll be growing it in a 27L pale. Now I don't where to start looking to pick something within something I smoke everyday. Would someone please help me out which tobacco strain would be enjoyable in a cigarette?

Germination is the first step but man there's so much in this forum to explore. The curing\fermentation\etc process. Where does one start, so many ways this can be done. What would you guys do to start off with, curing process, fermentation?, toasted?, etc. I'll be doing 2-3 plants in a pale. 1-2 in the ground depending how many seeds sell in a pack.

I'll have 2-5 to experiment with different types of process, growing, etc.

Sago

Honestly if possible Lucky Strikes, Hollywoods from Cuba. Other than that I enjoy or only have access to Du Maurier, Belmonts, Sago, Next, anything from the store pretty much in Canada. They're just a fix for what I really can't get from Cuba\US lol. The states does have that meaty flavor I love, along with Menthol it makes it great. So Kool, New Ports, Malboro as well. Thanks man =)

KiwiGrown

Welcome, If your after that American cigarettes flavour your probably after some Burley and Virginia.

It's not going to taste like Luckies but with a bit of experimenting you can probably make something you enjoy a hell of a lot more.

I don't smoke cigarettes anymore just a pipe, cigars and snus but my wife still lightly smokes, I made her a blend with my home grown she hated it but I played around toasting and casing with a little sugar and vanilla, she loves it.

Menthol is just a casing I believe, it's almost impossible to just copy the flavour of a commercial brand,
A lot of what there flavour is, is just a special sauce.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Welcome, If your after that American cigarettes flavour your probably after some Burley and Virginia.

It's not going to taste like Luckies but with a bit of experimenting you can probably make something you enjoy a hell of a lot more.

I don't smoke cigarettes anymore just a pipe, cigars and snus but my wife still lightly smokes, I made her a blend with my home grown she hated it but I played around toasting and casing with a little sugar and vanilla, she loves it.

Menthol is just a casing I believe, it's almost impossible to just copy the flavour of a commercial brand,
A lot of what there flavour is, is just a special sauce.

You can buy menthol crystal and place them in a bag of tobacco without making them into a liquid form . The tobacco will take up the menthols flavor and smell just by placing the crystals in the bag with your tobacco . You can remove the crystals when you think the tobacco has flavored enough . Usually four of five days is enough .

For cigarettes
Virginia Bright
.Burley
And about Any type of Turkish
Silver River will add some flavor you may or may not like , Slight cigar flavor.

KiwiGrown

Good to know, Thanks BigBonner.

Personally I would rather stick bamboo shoots under my fingernails then smoke menthol, it's like smoking while brushing your teeth.

BUT as they say, to each his own.

Tinagalloway

I would like to know too
I would like a mild roll your own smoke.
I have VG what else should I grow .
Still learning about how to do it after drying.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself section. Answers to growing questions can be more helpful with knowledge of where you will be growing. If you enter a general location into your profile, it will appear beside each of your posts.

Be sure to read the new growers' FAQ (link at the top of every page). You may also want to bookmark the Index of Key Forum Threads: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3868-Key-threads-in-the-FTT-forum

I'll defer to those who grow for cigarettes to answer your specific questions.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.