Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New kiln

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRM

This guy was on his way to the scrapyard until I offered to adopt him.
I've been planning on building, but the price was FREE so I think this will work fine.
I will still build a flue cure chamber because I dont think this will be big enough, although it should make an awesome kiln. 20191212_172414.jpg
Inside measurements are 22" x 30" x 60" and there are plenty of attachments for shelves or racks. I like the vented channel on the back to help keep even air flow when shelves are used.
20191212_172356.jpg

Even has a vent hole in the top that I will use to install a 2" ball valve that I already have on hand.

PID thermostat will be here in a week or so, then I can do some testing to see how well it will do.

MRM

That is exactly what it is. It was retired from use when we remodeled a kitchen at the school district I work for.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Nice find. You might find a way to monitor the power consumption with your heat source and a ventilation fan. If holding at 165°F doesn't poke your eyes out, then it might also function well as a flue-cure chamber.

Bob

MRM

Nice find. You might find a way to monitor the power consumption with your heat source and a ventilation fan. If holding at 165°F doesn't poke your eyes out, then it might also function well as a flue-cure chamber.

Bob
I think it would work for a flue cure chamber, it is well insulated and holds temp pretty well. I want a bigger curing chamber though.

Status
Not open for further replies.